The Titans are not a real #6 seed

BayRaider

Titans defense is trash right now which is what is going to keep them from going far. Their offense will keep them in games but when your top two CBs are out and you’re down to PS guys, you can’t play any man coverage. Brady will pick that zone apart all day long next week. Titans have no pass-rush and can’t blitz every down because they don’t have the CBs to hold up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Buffalo and Indy losses I don't think are really even debateable - those were close games where Mariota played awful.

I think Tannehill would've caused them to overcome Jacksonville in Week 3, additionally.

I think you could easily argue Tannehill, if he was who he is now, could’ve won any of those games. However, I think it’s a stretch to confidently say 3/4 of those swing the other direction.

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

I think you could easily argue Tannehill, if he was who he is now, could’ve won any of those games. However, I think it’s a stretch to confidently say 3/4 of those swing the other direction.

Considering how bad Mariota was in them and how close they were, I don't think it's a stretch at all.

1 hour ago, Remember The Oilers said:

Colts were #6 last year

Is this Titans team better? I would think most wouldn't believe that, however, I do think that the Titans have the ingredients to win a playoff game or battle with any playoff team.

I don't think so Luck literally owned the Titans.

I think we have played better than a 9-7, wild card team with Tanny but I don't think we can play the what if game. I think if Tanny had been the starter from day one maybe, and that's a big maybe us and the Texans would have swapped records and playoff seeding. I don't think you can assume anything more than that.

i might be inclined to agree with this if our defense was playing at the level it was at the beginning of the season, but it’s been decimated by injuries. we have no pass rush and are starting practice squad players at CB due to injuries. we might....MIGHT beat the patriots but i wouldn’t expect anything more from us this year.

with some upgrades to the pass rush and a healthy secondary next year though we could be genuinely dangerous.

I'll give them the Chiefs win before the bye week, but all they've done is essentially beat teams that aren't postseason teams.  Granted, they did beat the Eagles week one and the Eagles are a postseason team, but their resume doesn't really look that impressive to me.  They could have won the division by beating two quality teams (Saints and Texans) at the end of the season and they lost both of those games.

Sorry, but I really don't understand the purpose of this thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Titans would be 12-4 at worst with Tannehill instead of Mariota

Texans are 10-6

What's there to explain

Except they'd be 11-4 going in today with the Texans at 10-5, and Texans would have actually played their starters with the division on the line.

The Texans beat this exact Titans team two weeks ago. In Nashville. I should know, I got to watch the game in person.

And if the Texans win again today in that scenario at home... turns out they're 11-5 and Tennessee is 11-5, and the Texans would have the season sweep. Still division champs.

It'd boost Tennessee to the 5 seed (for a third game against the Texans in 4 weeks, lol), but Tannehill alone doesn't make them a bye-worthy team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

One of the hottest teams in the league?  Are we talking about the same TEN team that is coming off consecutive home losses after having the division title in sight?

Yeah, two weeks ago to win the division we lost at home, then lost last week too against another playoff team in New Orleans.

We're good enough to make the playoffs, but I'd pump our brakes a bit on any sort of expectations or proclamations. We are what we are.