The Titans are not a real #6 seed

BayRaider

Just now, -Hope- said:

dude what lol

we started practice squad players at CB and still only lost by a missed field goal, largely due to an absolute freak interception that doesn’t happen 95% of the time. literally nothing about that is “domination.”

Texans blocked a FG early on, Carlos Hyde went 100+ and scored a TD, Hopkins basically took over the entire 4th quarter, Derrick Henry was stuffed three times at the goal line and didn't eclipse 100 yards...

The real difference was Watson throwing two picks in the end zone - it should have been a three score win for Houston had he not made those mistakes.

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

Texans blocked a FG early on, Carlos Hyde went 100+ and scored a TD, Hopkins basically took over the entire 4th quarter, Derrick Henry was stuffed three times at the goal line and didn't eclipse 100 yards...

The real difference was Watson throwing two picks in the end zone - it should have been a three score win for Houston had he not made those mistakes.

translation:

If only my player didn't play poorly

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

translation:

If only my player didn't play poorly it wouldn't have been so close

If people are going to say that "freak" INT is the difference between a win and a loss, I'll quickly counters on those two mistakes.

Titans had no answer for Hyde, and Zach Cunningham led a great effort against a running game that had been destroying everything. Tannehill is only solid when Henry gets going, so taking Henry out of the equation took Tannehill out of the equation.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

so you’re saying that if your quarterback had played better, your team would have won by more? no way! what a unique situation that is surely indicative of your specific team’s overall talent, and certainly not a blanket statement that is true for literally every single team that has ever played the game of football.

also incredibly hilarious that derrick henry was literally playing in slow motion due to a hamstring injury but conveniently this isn’t part of your analysis

• Like 3

Just now, ET80 said:

So let me get this right. Your logic is it would have been domination had two picks not happened and that's a good argument to you. But the other sides argument that a fluke INT and a blocked FG would have won it for us is somehow flawed in your eyes? take the facts only and it was not domination. it was a close game you guys won. forget the BS hypothetical argument unless you're going to account for both sides equally.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

If people are going to say that "freak" INT is the difference between a win and a loss, I'll quickly counters on those two mistakes.

you’re picking and choosing which mistakes you recognize as legitimate in order to claim a domination that just didn’t happen. the reality is that it was a close game despite the fact that several of our best players were either out of the game or severely hampered by injuries and it’s ludicrous to act as though we didn’t have a shot.

• Like 1

It doesn't really matter what could or should have happened. The Titans are in the playoffs and if you think they are a 12 win type team than they are going to have a chance of proving it in the playoffs.

If the Titans are that good than they are going to need to win a playoff game or 2. For those that think they aren't that good then we'll see if they get blown away in the WC game.

Just now, ET80 said:

Like you're not on the Mercilius INT?

i’m not using it to claim that we would’ve won by 3 scores lmao just that it was objectively a 14-point swing that was caused by some bad luck. i’ll fully cop to Watson’s tipped red zone pick as also being bad luck. and yet....it was a 3 point game. i understand that standards are low under BOB and we are currently in the extremely brief period of the year where you can fantasize about winning a playoff game that isn’t against connor cook, but if you honest to god call that domination, then uh, I’ll have what you’re having

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

so you’re saying that if your quarterback had played better, your team would have won by more? no way! what a unique situation that is surely indicative of your specific team’s overall talent, and certainly not a blanket statement that is true for literally every single team that has ever played the game of football.

What I'm trying to say is that Watson wasn't at his best and we beat you anyways through other avenues - namely Carlos Hyde and ST plays. Even in a game where the two big names for the Texans didn't get going until late, th Texans still built up an impressive game.

Usually when Watson and Hopkins don't get going, it gets ugly quickly. It didn't this time because the Titans couldn't contain Hyde and ST stepped in.

Dominated is probably a wrong word, perhaps a thorough victory is more apt?

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i understand that standards are low under BOB and we are currently in the extremely brief period of the year where you can fantasize about winning a playoff game that isn’t against connor cook, but if you honest to god call that domination, then uh, I’ll have what you’re having

Semantics, table for one...

If you're not stopping Carlos Hyde, you're not standing a chance against Watson on a good day.

That better?

45 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm trembling...

Our 2nd string just played them incredibly close, so I don't have any sort of worry about the Titans showing up in any capacity.

Only thing that might be worse than BoB is a guy from the BoB coaching tree, Mike Vrabel. I'm positive the Texans waltz into the next round in a hypothetical Titans/Texans game, and you guys know I rarely play UP the Texans in any matchup. Titans don't have the defense to contain the Texans for four quarters, and the Titans strength on offense is exactly what the Texans stop - the power run game. Derrick Henry has kryptonite, and his name is Zach Cunningham.

Texans win, handily.

Now go and enjoy that pick in the late 20s.

21 points isn't incredibly close lol...and Cunningham played today, and he sure was Derrick's kryptonite. Held him to a measly 211 and 3.