What do we do with Jameis Winston?

bucsfan333

Man.....   It's such an up in the air decision and a huge one.  I think whatever happens they need to draft a quarterback early.  My preferred would be to grab Eason late 2nd early 1st.  I wouldn't mind Love or Herbert either just a step below Eason.

The couple options I wouldn't mind would be Andrew Luck (lol) or Phil Rivers.  I just name these guys because they would be an upgrade over Jameis and they could probably come in and pick up the offense relatively quick.  Also, have to think it would only be the QB learning the offense and not the whole team.  So hopefully the communication errors would be less than what we have seen this year.

If we are drafting a rookie round 1 I think Jameis has to go. It’s gonna throw the whole year off with him knowing his replacement is there and he is on a 1 year deal. If we want to draft a rookie sign Rivers to a 2 year $40 mil contract and have the rookie sit all year 1. 

If Jameis is franchised I think it’s with hope he turns the INT problem around (15-16 range) in year 2 with BA but a rookie won’t be drafted until the decision to move on from him entirely is made.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Bridge QB should be Rivers. He fits the offense. Stand up guy. Would be a good teacher. 

I ll be curious if Rivers want to move his family, but he ll cost at least 20 million.  I know no one is going to like this resign Gabbert as the bridge, and the momey saved you can guarantee enough money to resign the defensive FAs and extend Godwin.

When the Eagles moved heaven and earth to draft Wentz, they signed Daniels as the bridge.  He never started a game.

7 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I ll be curious if Rivers want to move his family, but he ll cost at least 20 million.  I know no one is going to like this resign Gabbert as the bridge, and the momey saved you can guarantee enough money to resign the defensive FAs and extend Godwin.

When the Eagles moved heaven and earth to draft Wentz, they signed Daniels as the bridge.  He never started a game.

So the question becomes, do you think Bruce really would want to start a rookie next year?

• Like 1