What do we do with Jameis Winston?

bucsfan333

A lot of revisionist history out there that prospect Patrick Mahomes out of Texas Tech was worth giving up to first rounders.  The draft is such an inexact science.  My only concern with Eason is his knack for doing a spin to move outside the tackle with pressure.   Didn t work good in college, no shot in the pros.  He was the number 1 recruit for QB going out of high school.  So about Fromm taking his job at UGA.  Let s not forget, Wilson was a grad transfer to Wisconsin because the HC wanted Glennon to start at NC State.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Eh. I dunno. We went 7-9 with 35 turnovers from our QB.

If we can keep Barrett, Suh, and JPP our defense will be mostly the same with the same staff. Which I think matters a decent amount.

An upgrade or two on the offensive line and similar QB play without the turnovers should be more than enough for the playoffs. Especially with the bs extra playoff spot.

You can look at that two ways though, as our QB also threw for the 8th most yards in NFL history and 30+ TDs too. Imagine what we could see in year two of this offense with a better Oline and hopefully improved run game as well...

I'm just saying, expecting a guy like Eason to ascend to that level  or even a 2019 Winston level in year 1-2 is a big question mark...

48 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

You can look at that two ways though, as our QB also threw for the 8th most yards in NFL history and 30+ TDs too. Imagine what we could see in year two of this offense with a better Oline and hopefully improved run game as well...

I'm just saying, expecting a guy like Eason to ascend to that level  or even a 2019 Winston level in year 1-2 is a big question mark...

That's why I mentioned similar QB play. We don't need 5,000 yards. But the ability to push the ball down the field is something we need. 

I'd be hesitant with any new QB in this system. But I'd think 2021 would be a big leap for any new guy.

2020 should be a better year for Jameis if he returns.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

That's why I mentioned similar QB play. We don't need 5,000 yards. But the ability to push the ball down the field is something we need. 

I'd be hesitant with any new QB in this system. But I'd think 2021 would be a big leap for any new guy.

2020 should be a better year for Jameis if he returns.

Fair enough, I get where you're coming from. I just feel it's going to be a harder transition for guys being referenced than most other posters here feel...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Exactly the sentiment I was echoing...

Yeah, it s pretty well confirmed by Licht today.  The reality whether its Jameis or another UFA, odds are they are going to be a minimum of a 2 yr starter.  There are certainly QBs drafted outside the first rd who become starters, but the list is probably 4x longer of those prospects being nothing more then back ups at best.