What do we do with Jameis Winston?

bucsfan333

2 hours ago, indifference said:

Howard is a mismatch just hasnt put it together yet. Brate is a good weapon here if Howard isn’t a selling point. Our OL gave Winston 2.77, last year Brady had 2.75. And if Arians can get a new RT in the draft we’re in great shape.

So basically both teams have the same oline and Brady showed signs of decline at 42.  Granted, can t argue the WR position.  

I don t know how far everyone goes back as fans.  Howard reminds me so much on the field as Ricky Dudley and Jeremy Stevens.  All first rd picks you would see one really good play a game.  I would even convince myself, these guys just  have to be unleashed.  It never happened for those guys.  I don t put Howard in that category as a selling point to attract a QB.  I appreciate the Brate story, but how valuable is a TE making 6 million whose trade value might be a day 3 pick.  

If I had to rank the teams Brady would be interested, the Bucs at best would be 3.  And I m not sure Vegas wouldn t interest him more.

Better chance the Bucs get Tannehill then Brady, IMO.  

Edited by ravishingone
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ravishingone said:

The new pending CBA is also reason we're holding out with Winston. As it'll affect what we can do. For example, the proposed new CBA would take away ability to use both transition tag and franchise tag in same calendar offseason. We're actually one of the few teams that are contemplating this with Barrett and Winston...

21 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Could be part of the reason we're pursuing him. I figure the Glazers wanna put butts in seats.

that s part of it, but at least I can rationalize trying to sign an aging GOAT over Rivers.  Going to be a crazy couple of weeks.  Hope they don t get left at the alter again whatever the plan.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

If Jerry Jones is stupid enough to let Dak Prescott walk does he 1) fit our system and 2) worth giving a big contract to? 

Do you think the Bucs would make a move to go after him over Jameis?

I have no interest in giving Dak a contract north of Goff and Wentz.  So for me no interest.  I have even no interest in trading for Carr.

Mark Cook tweeted a couple of days ago it would be Brady or Jameis at QB.  

Edited by ravishingone
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

If Jerry Jones is stupid enough to let Dak Prescott walk does he 1) fit our system and 2) worth giving a big contract to? 

Do you think the Bucs would make a move to go after him over Jameis?

Not for $40M+ fully guaranteed over three or four years. Which is probably what he'd get on the market.