What do we do with Jameis Winston?

bucsfan333

34 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

LOve the Pat Mcafee show lol....  Brings up some great points and I dunno what Jameis thinks but if I were in his position i'd be saying **** like that too so I can get a big payday.  I think its more plausible for him to bomb next season and be a back up after this contract.  Got to maximize your profits lol.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

LOve the Pat Mcafee show lol....  Brings up some great points and I dunno what Jameis thinks but if I were in his position i'd be saying **** like that too so I can get a big payday.  I think its more plausible for him to bomb next season and be a back up after this contract.  Got to maximize your profits lol.

I have no issue with any player trying to get their money today as opposed to tomorrow.  Career can be gone in a second.  I will never write a player is over paid, it s too damn physical of a sport for me to write that.  

• Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 2:58 PM, indifference said:

BA has common sense! im loving these quotes but lets see if he actually stands by his word come March. Evans and Godwin will make ANY qb look good! The catch radius and route running will stay consistent. Just need a guy that wont turn the ball over. Eason should be there at 14 only team that scares me is Colts at 13.

Burrow

Tua

are locks in the top 10. Herbert im not fond on but i know many scouts are. 

Bengals and Chargers will go qb first pick. we’ll see how CAR and JAX handle their qb situation. Hoping the best case bucs trade up at 10 to get a falling Tua/Eason.

Stumbled down this rabbit hole and thought I'd weigh in lol. I think this is the logical take for Winston - best WR duo in the NFL means a franchise caliber QB would have done better than Winston last year. He's not the future.

How to handle that is another matter - not sure what the cap situation is, but franchising and trading probably won't net much anyways. Gauge the trade market, and if it's not there, let him walk.

• Like 3

Well, let the ranpant speculation begin.  I ll give you my top 5, that are at least somewhat possible, even if still unlikely

1.  Andrew Luck- just need to coax him out of retirement, then pass a physical.  No biggie 😀.  The only QB, I would give up 2 1sts to acquire.

2.  Team Teddy- only costs money, has the highest chance of being a longer success then 2 yrs.  Will not have to give up 2 1st rd picks for that possibility

3.  The GOAT- Just like " He  Hate Me" from the old XFL, if he leaves the Pats, this has to be his name plate.  I have little doubt the staff would adjust the offense somewhat to make it work.  This will be only a 2 yr commitment tops, and the physical decline could be very steep and happen quickly

4.  Jacob Eason- Probably can stay at 14 and get him.  At most, move a few spots. but will not need to add a 1st.  With the amt of cap that will be dedicated to Evans and Godwin, I need a QB with an above avg arm to get them the ball down the field.  I ll sacrifice mobility for arm with Arians here.

5.  Jordan Love- Very similiar to the same reasons as Eason.  His mobility will be in more demand, so may be a litte more draft capital to get.  However, no add l 1st I would surrender.

If some team gives Jameis Winston a north of $30 mil per salary on a long term deal it’s their funeral. Not saying he’s trash, but unless the salary cap skyrockets, good luck getting enough good players around him to make a deep playoff run. Jameis isn’t Brady in his prime or Rodgers or even Russell Wilson for that matter.

Im cool with Jameis back but not for that contract.

39 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

If some team gives Jameis Winston a north of $30 mil per salary on a long term deal it’s their funeral. Not saying he’s trash, but unless the salary cap skyrockets, good luck getting enough good players around him to make a deep playoff run. Jameis isn’t Brady in his prime or Rodgers or even Russell Wilson for that matter.

Im cool with Jameis back but not for that contract.

That s part of the equation though with the salary cap rising.  Adding a 17 th game is going to increase the cap.  It s all about percentage of cap when the contract is signed. 

Wilson, I think is the highest paid QB now that he signed this yr at age 31.  Rumor is Brady was compensated by other means.  Whispers the TB12  brand.  Said it before Jameis doesn t even hold the team record for INTs in a season.  That QB got run out of town, was signed by Parcells and lost to Elway in the AFC Championship Game.  They traded away Steve Young.   This organization has been a black hole for QB play.  Koetter is tied for 5th in wins as a HC with 19.  This organization makes bad choices at every level..  With Jameis, I really don t know what is the right answer.

Edited by ravishingone
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I would be shocked if it's for so little. But also pretty excited.

Money like that doesn't tie us together. And it shouldn't prevent us from potentially bringing in competition.

~$10M less than he wants seems unlikely though.

Considering Cousins got 3 yrs with 89 million guaranted 2 yrs ago, pretty confident this is fake news.

• Like 1