What do we do with Jameis Winston?

bucsfan333

47 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

PR says it's still 50/50 whether we bring him back or not. Which can't be good for Jameis at this point.

I really like PR, but IMO I found the latest SR article borderline negligent.  I find it a very slippery slope to go back to Arians PCs and trying to draw conclusions based upon words utttered as opposed to similiar adjectives that could have been used by Arians.  I get it, the Winston decision is the story of the offseason.  It makes zero sense for the organization to give any hint at this time which way they go.  When the franchise tagging pd begins, I believe that is where clarity with this decision will be found.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I really like PR, but IMO I found the latest SR article borderline negligent.  I find it a very slippery slope to go back to Arians PCs and trying to draw conclusions based upon words utttered as opposed to similiar adjectives that could have been used by Arians.  I get it, the Winston decision is the story of the offseason.  It makes zero sense for the organization to give any hint at this time which way they go.  When the franchise tagging pd begins, I believe that is where clarity with this decision will be found.

It seemed more opinionated than usual. 

But based on what he said he has(n't) heard, I think 50/50 is probably true.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Not really a surprise.  There isn t a very long list of QBs at 38 sustaining a high level of play.  Signing Rivers means drafting a Qb with one of their first 2 picks in the draft.  Sign a Qb below 35, and I feel they have more of an option to wait for a QB in the draft.

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Rivers wants to play one or two more seasons. That's what a bridge QB is.

But he wants to win a Super Bowl while he does it.

I guess what Florio is hinting at is that if Rivers signs with his next team, they won t be using any premium picks (day 1 or 2) to draft a QB in this draft.  Use those picks to strengthen the roster because the team just signed their frsnchise QB.