What do we do with Jameis Winston?

bucsfan333

4 minutes ago, indifference said:

and in this long pass game which requires time it may not end well. I love his arm accuracy and most importantly consistency. We need to upgrade RT spot 

His arm talent is undeniable. But if he can only play 13-14 games every year while banged up for half of them, that's kind of an issue.

54 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

His arm talent is undeniable. But if he can only play 13-14 games every year while banged up for half of them, that's kind of an issue.

Yeah, it s a concern.  Most teams will like Herbert over Eason  because of more seasons to watch. 

Herbert, Eason, and Love are all in the same boat.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. With Eason, right now the Chargers and Bucs would have the most interest in the top 15 because of their passing attack philosophy.  Still think the Chargers trade up for Tua if they want to go rookie QB.

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Yeah, it s a concern.  Most teams will like Herbert over Eason  because of more seasons to watch. 

Herbert, Eason, and Love are all in the same boat.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. With Eason, right now the Chargers and Bucs would have the most interest in the top 15 because of their passing attack philosophy.  Still think the Chargers trade up for Tua if they want to go rookie QB.

Eason threw over 1,000 passes in college. He's not like Trubisky or other guys who only played one season and threw it half as many times.

He was also the highest rated QB coming out of HS in 2016, apparently. So his skills aren't a surprise.

11 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Eason threw over 1,000 passes in college. He's not like Trubisky or other guys who only played one season and threw it half as many times.

He was also the highest rated QB coming out of HS in 2016, apparently. So his skills aren't a surprise.

I remember a staple for Parcells, he wanted to see a minimum of 3 yrs starting in college at the QB position.  Felt the larger body of work was important.  Eason will be 23, so he is physically ready for the pros.  

Heck, no doubt the scouting staff has been watching this QB closely all season.  The only QB, they truly don t have a shot at is Burrows.  Everyone else has enough questions, that who really knows where the rest of the pack falls.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Thoughts on Herbert?

He and Oregon face off against Wisconsin New Years Day at 5.

He’s high risk high reward like many, has injury concerns like Tua, but he’s got a body of work, BA will know what he’s getting, and maybe will be the one worth us trading up.

Not really of Herbert. I think at best he is a solid starter but I dont think he is a franchise game changer. Im also very skeptical on Oregon qbs. But again, ANY decent qb should flourish here. 

48 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I remember a staple for Parcells, he wanted to see a minimum of 3 yrs starting in college at the QB position.  Felt the larger body of work was important.  Eason will be 23, so he is physically ready for the pros.  

Heck, no doubt the scouting staff has been watching this QB closely all season.  The only QB, they truly don t have a shot at is Burrows.  Everyone else has enough questions, that who really knows where the rest of the pack falls.

Would not surprise me if Eason is taken ahead of Tua if he has a strong off season. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, indifference said:

Would not surprise me if Eason is taken ahead of Tua if he has a strong off season. 

The only way Tua is not QB2, is if the medical is bad.  Right now, looks to be on schedule.  His body of work, intangibles will off set the injury concern.  I still don t think he gets by Miami.

3 hours ago, Elky said:

If Tua doesn't fall to Tampa, I'd look at another position. Justin Herbert isn't worth a first round pick.

Ehh debatable. Beauty will be in the eye of the evaluator. Aside from Burrow it will be a toss up. You can cite injury history, tons of talent around the QB but playing inferior teams, lapses in judgment, barely any time in college football, poor surrounding cast, etc for a number of these guys. 

If Herbert gets past the Chargers and maybe the Panthers id be surprised. If that’s the case I wouldn’t be surprised if Tampa traded up for him. 

As others have said, with Evans and Godwin and the coaching staff/system we currently have, we just need a QB to not suck and turn the ball over a ton. Herbert seems safer than Eason to me but they both have similar upside.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Glen said:

Incentivize his contract that gives him a guaranteed 20m with an additional 500k for every td he throws and -250k for every interception.

If he refuses any/all incentivized contracts you let him walk.

There is no way an agent or NFLPA is going to sign off on an incentive to take money out of a player s pocket.  That is just never going to happen.  Other incentives based upon performance based upon playing time, ydg, TDs, Pro Bowl, All Pro, Playoffs, and Super Bowl.

Pretty confident tampering will begin shortly for all the FAs to discreetly determine their mkt value.  To think negotiations only begin within the legal tampering period is silly.  Curious to see the Winston contract whether with the Bucs or not.  

Edited by ravishingone

4 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

There is no way an agent or NFLPA is going to sign off on an incentive to take money out of a player s pocket.  That is just never going to happen.  Other incentives based upon performance based upon playing time, ydg, TDs, Pro Bowl, All Pro, Playoffs, and Super Bowl.

Pretty confident tampering will begin shortly for all the FAs to discreetly determine their mkt value.  To think negotiations only begin within the legal tampering period is silly.  Curious to see the Winston contract whether with the Bucs or not.  

Word the incentives to limit turnovers is all im suggesting. Make it an incentive that he will earn an extra 10 million if he throws less than 5 ints on the basis that he attempts 500 passes. 7.5 million if its less than 10/500. etc etc.

I would be terrified of giving him a flat 30+ million dollar deal based on his recent season. I believe you can win with him. But I believe he also is the main attributing factor for a handful of losses as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Glen said:

Word the incentives to limit turnovers is all im suggesting. Make it an incentive that he will earn an extra 10 million if he throws less than 5 ints on the basis that he attempts 500 passes. 7.5 million if its less than 10/500. etc etc.

I would be terrified of giving him a flat 30+ million dollar deal based on his recent season. I believe you can win with him. But I believe he also is the main attributing factor for a handful of losses as well.

Understand what you are getting, still think there is no way the NFLPA or an agent is signing off.

Not sure what the mkt will be for him.  I really have no clue.  Heck, he doesn t even have the team record for picks in a season. That guy after he left Tampa was named wk 1 starter by HOF coaches Belichick and Parcells.   Vinny Testaverde made it to an AFC Championship with the Jets.  Vinny started for Hoodie in Cleveland on a team that was playing really well, then Modell during the season let s it known, hey we re moving to Baltimore. Bottom falls out, Hoodie gets fired, goes onto be the GOAT.  

My point being, is Jameis more like Freeman, who crashed and burned.  Or more like Williams, Young, and Testaverde who played the front part of their careers for a dysfunctional franchise, left and what do you know they can play QB.  I don t know the answer.  I have to trust BA can make the right choice.  But hell yeah, I m nervous about this decision.  😬😬😬

• Like 1