You decide: Do we move on from Carr this offseason?

RaidersAreOne

Should we move on from Carr this offseason  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should we move on from Carr this offseason?

• Yes. We know what we have and it's time to move on.
    • No. Give him one more chance.

I know there is a Derek Carr thread (152 pages of mayhem) but I want to see where Raider Nation stands overall regarding our long-time starting QB. I've never seen our fanbase so divided over a certain player before and for good reason!

We saw a lot of highs and a lot of lows from Carr. He had a great O line, one of the better TE corps before Foster went down, a top 10 RB and a supposed Offensive guru in Gruden. However the WR corp was terrible (sans Renfrow and early season TW) and banged up to go along with a brutal schedule and a poor D for most of the year. We saw him cut down the turnovers, have one of the top comp %'s, learn to move around the pocket slightly, etc, etc. However we also saw him dink and dunk to the extreme, make some terribly questionable decisions, play scared. Only having 1 game over 300 yards is obscene in this day and age.

Now, if you were our front office would you:

1. Move on from Carr this offseason. We know what we have and that's simply not good enough. I want to get a new guy in here for Vegas ASAP. Carr is simply not the answer.
  2. Keep Carr for one more year and try to add more pieces around him. We can't judge him fairly due to the poor WR's. He still has a chance to be our franchise QB imo. If he sucks next year in Vegas, then it's time to pull the plug.

Carr-01.jpg?w=620

Edited by RaidersAreOne
  • Like 1

Option 2 but draft a QB to push him. As of right now, I don’t see a QB that will be available that’s an upgrade over Carr. If one becomes available the. Yea I’m down to go that route.

A lot of people in here hate on Carr too much. He isn’t as bad as y’all make him out to be. When you guys throw out Winston and Nick Mullens as upgrades that just shows your bias.

Edited by Justwinning
  • Like 3

Going to keep this simple and give my opinion and never look back in here cause this will just be the Derek Carr thread part 2.  The answer is YES. The team needs a new voice in the huddle and Carr needs a new team. This is a marriage that was nice for the first couple of years, but the past couple of years the trust between the two has gotten worst. Both will benefit from moving on. 

• Like 2

I'll do the same thing, but the opposite. The answer is no. Gruden knows what he has in Carr and has been working to build him and this team the way he wants. He knows that the problem is the roster from day one. He gutted the team and has started the rebuild this season. 

If you want to know where Gruden is in his opinion, listen to any of his post game pressers with an open mind. Every one of them he is talking about being proud of the players, in the middle of the process, etc etc. He knows that this is a rebuild process and has the patience to see it through.

Gruden said last off-season he wanted the best WR Corp in the league. We all know that fell apart before the season even started. WR will be addressed again this off-season and we will see a different offense next year as a whole.

• Like 7

Absolutely you go into the offseason trying to upgrade QB. But of course be smart about it. So much hyperbole going on here... 

If Gruden has a QB he likes and chooses to upgrade I totally get it. Going into next season with Carr though just means another rebuilding year. I'm not sure Carr has the arm strength at this point - he floats them and rarely drives. He can't or won't run. He goes down on initial contact. He doesn't give the WRs a chance on those 3rd and longs. 

This team has the makings of a solid base of players, but now lacks playmakers. QB, WR, and LB mainly. 

• Like 3

You guys wanna go into next season with a QB who have proven not to be enough to get it done?

We will be sitting here in December 2020 just like we were in December 2018 and now. Gotta move on and get a different voice and field general out there. I've seen enough from Carr last season. He doesn't make enough plays throughout the game. Same song same story.

• Like 2

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

You guys wanna go into next season with a QB who have proven not to be enough to get it done?

We will be sitting here in December 2020 just like we were in December 2018 and now. Gotta move on and get a different voice and field general out there. I've seen enough from Carr last season. He doesn't make enough plays throughout the game. Same song same story.

Again, who are the options that will improve our team?

• Like 2

Carr and Gruden are just not on the same page, it's clear as day.

Gruden needs to get his guy for better or worse. Someone he trusts and runs the offense the way he wants. 

Carr is so unbelievably bland and conservative, it's tiring. Same guy for the last 3 years. TIme for a change and some new life at the position. 

• Like 5