You decide: Do we move on from Carr this offseason?

RaidersAreOne

Should we move on from Carr this offseason  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should we move on from Carr this offseason?

• Yes. We know what we have and it's time to move on.
    • No. Give him one more chance.

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Really doesn't matter. That's for Gruden to decide. Carr's not his guy and it's becomes more and more clear each week.

But does Gruden think that? That's the question. He's a master of coach speak so we won't know till basically draft day.

Edited by #1RAIDER FAN
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Again is it the off-season yet? Impossible to know who is available. We don't even know who is entering the draft

We have a good idea about who’s declared already.

Care to speculate who’s going to be available in the NFL that isn’t slated to become a FA? The guys in FA aren’t upgrades.

Edit: and I don’t count on Brees leaving and Brady won’t come to us.

Edited by Justwinning

If Tua drops, take him and let him sit behind Carr for a year.  Otherwise, build the D and let the offense run ( pun intended) through Jacobs.  Take a developmental QB later and hope he pushes Carr.

i hate that Carr is a 125 million dollar QB and plays like an average game manager...

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

I’ve been waiting for this answer for about a month and a half. Until a legit upgrade become available, Carr is my QB

Do you feel that way for Whitehead, Joyner, etc too? Or just an obsession with Carr? 

As fans, its ok to believe a position should be focused and improved even without a plan for it - you know since we don't get paid millions to research ahead and have insider info on who will be available. 

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Really doesn't matter. That's for Gruden to decide. Carr's not his guy and it's becomes more and more clear each week.

I don’t think that’s true. I think Gruden is aware that the WR group is lacking. I mean Hunter Renfrow emerged as our best WR and he was a 5th Round pick, that looks more like a 3rd/Slot WR. 

I would love to bring in a WR in round 1, get TW back healthy and have Renfrow work the slot. 

• Like 2

Just now, Geezy said:

I don’t think that’s true. I think Gruden is aware that the WR group is lacking. I mean Hunter Renfrow emerged as our best WR and he was a 5th Round pick, that looks more like a 3rd/Slot WR. 

I would love to bring in a WR in round 1, get TW back healthy and have Renfrow work the slot. 

Add another WR in the mid rounds to push Zay Jones for the #4 spot. Preferably one with punt/kick return ability.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Do you feel that way for Whitehead, Joyner, etc too? Or just an obsession with Carr? 

As fans, its ok to believe a position should be focused and improved even without a plan for it - you know since we don't get paid millions to research ahead and have insider info on who will be available. 

I believe ALL positions should be looked at to be upgraded. 

there will be a lot more LBs and DBs available that will be clear upgrades over the two you mentioned. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

We have a good idea about who’s declared already.

Care to speculate who’s going to be available in the NFL that isn’t slated to become a FA? The guys in FA aren’t upgrades.

Edit: and I don’t count on Brees leaving and Brady won’t come to us.

Ridiculous and not being realistic. We have an idea? That means you don't know. Until we reach the off-season , a realistic option won't be available until off-season transactions can happen.

7 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Ridiculous and not being realistic. We have an idea? That means you don't know. Until we reach the off-season , a realistic option won't be available until off-season transactions can happen.

Lol ok. Just FYI Jordan Love and Jacob Eason have already declared. Burrow is senior as well. Herbert is likely to declare. Tua is the true unknown.

Edited by Justwinning

58 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Carr and Gruden are just not on the same page, it's clear as day.

Gruden needs to get his guy for better or worse. Someone he trusts and runs the offense the way he wants. 

Carr is so unbelievably bland and conservative, it's tiring. Same guy for the last 3 years. TIme for a change and some new life at the position. 

I am not sure that I am getting this at all.

Carr is running the offense the way Gruden is calling it (for the most part at least), and therefore if it is bland and conservative it is likely because it is being called that way - no doubt because our WR talent is poor at best as it is difficult to stretch the field throwing to TEs. Williams has been hurt most the season and not up to the standard you would expect of him and while Renfrow has been a nice addition, my #3 guy would be Gafford (a practice squad guy who used to be a corner!). Jones needs time but has not impressed thus far, while Doss and Ateman are not the answer (imho). We need to give Carr 1-2 difference makers on the outside - if he is still checking it down then he is not the answer and we need to get rid but even the best QBs need talent around them.

I am not a Kool-aid drinking Carr fan that can see him do no wrong, but the two seasons he was both fit and had some decent talent at WR (2015 and 2016) he posted 28 & 32 TDs. He was hurt and playing through injury in 2017 (broken back if I recall correctly) and was running for his life last year with 2 rookie Tackles and no-one to throw to (Jordy Nelson was a player in his time but past his sell by date by the time we got him.

If Gruden doesn't trust Carr or doesn't see eye to eye with him there will be absolutely NO delay getting rid of Carr - lets face it once you have shipped a player like Mack, nothing is off-limits, so his ongoing presence can only mean Gruden is actually happy / content with him.

Edited by Heart of Oak
  • Like 6