You decide: Do we move on from Carr this offseason?

RaidersAreOne

Should we move on from Carr this offseason  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should we move on from Carr this offseason?

• Yes. We know what we have and it's time to move on.
    • No. Give him one more chance.

1 hour ago, true2form said:

They struggled in the red zone for sure. The deep balls stopped to Williams after he got hurt. His speed wasn't there and his hands became suspect too.

Guess we didn't have any other weapons since that was my question. Which btw, is the correct answer which leads back to how can you say what you said. You're done with Carr and it doesn't matter what's true or not, so why discuss it. Why quote me at all if you don't want to discuss? You just want to come in scream Carr sucks and run out of the room. My boys used to act that way when they didn't get ice cream or had to go to bed.

I was a Carr fan boy for 5 years his time is up with me if you think we can win games by throwing hundreds of passes behind the LOS and short of the sticks that's fine. Jacobs is also a weapon that wasn't used in the passing game.

• Like 1

Just now, raidr4life said:

I was a Carr fan boy for 5 years his time is up with me if you think we can win games by throwing hundreds of passes behind the LOS and short of the sticks that's fine. Jacobs is also a weapon that wasn't used in the passing game.

Same. I was making the same excuses as these guys and blindly following because I’m a Raider fan. But it is good that I opened my eyes. The funniest part is it’s still the same excuses throughout his tenure in the NFL.

file.php?id=4670&mode=view

8 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

Same. I was making the same excuses as these guys and blindly following because I’m a Raider fan. But it is good that I opened my eyes. The funniest part is it’s still the same excuses throughout his tenure in the NFL.

file.php?id=4670&mode=view

They refuse to see it because he throws a pretty spiral.

Just now, raidr4life said:

They refuse to see it because he throws a pretty spiral.

Almost all of those pretty spirals are thrown near the line of scrimmage. I’m over it and hope Mayock lures in or drafts someone that can play QB in the NFL beyond the one read then check down.

22 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

Almost all of those pretty spirals are thrown near the line of scrimmage. I’m over it and hope Mayock lures in or drafts someone that can play QB in the NFL beyond the one read then check down.

Checkdowns is the way to go. Sign Eli so we have a backup checkdowner imo. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Checkdowns is the way to go. Sign Eli so we have a backup checkdowner imo. 

😆 

never double down on the check down. You will do only well enough to not be able to draft a good QB

Edited by Gannon12

55 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

That's fine and I have no problem with you feeling that way. I don't, so give me the same courtesy. 

14 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

😆 

never double down on the check down. You will do only well enough to not be able to draft a good QB

We can hire Flacco as the Checkdown Coordinator and forego having an offensive coordinator. Flacco will call the checkdowns. 

Realistically what options do we have to upgrade the QB room this offseason? 

Draft

• Draft Jordan Love at #12/#19

• Draft Justin Herbert at #12

• Trade up into the top ten and draft Tua 

• Trade into the second round and draft Jacob Eason

• Draft Jake Fromm in the third round

Free Agency

• Sign Marcus Mariota to a short term prove it deal

• Sign Teddy Bridgewater to a huge contract

• Sign Tom Brady to a short term huge contract

• Sign Phillip Rivers to a short term deal 

Trade

• Make a trade with Washington for Alex Smith

• Make a trade with Jacksonville for Nick Foles

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Draft

• Draft Jordan Love at #12/#19

• Draft Justin Herbert at #12

Free Agency

• Sign Marcus Mariota to a short term prove it deal

• Sign Teddy Bridgewater to a huge contract

• Sign Tom Brady to a short term huge contract

• Sign Phillip Rivers to a short term deal 

Trade

• Make a trade with Washington for Alex Smith

Basically sums up all of our options. This is the biggest QB FA of all time. Not to mention Alex Smith for trade and the best QB Draft Class since 2012. Burrow, Tua, Love, Eason, and Fromm all have serious potential IMO. 

The time to move on is now. Unless we draft Love, Eason, or Fromm and let Carr stay for one year. 

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Trade

Nothing mentioned is an 'UPGRADE' from Carr and his sunk costs (contract)

Now with that said...Those first 3 have potential to one day be an upgrade with the value available but no for sure upgrade but I could live with that. Fromm in 3rd or ANY QB in 3rd is my desire.

That 'trade' better net us a 2nd round pick or WTF are we even thinking Foles who is worse and more expensive than Carr. I just want the 2nd rounder to be honest, otherwise PASS!!!

Strengths:

- Throwing 3 yards to TE/RB on 3rd and 9

- Taking care of the football and making sure to never look beyond 10 yards. 

- Crying, actual tears after a hard sack. 

- Telling the media throwing deep more than once per game is dumb because defenses are smart. 

- Talks religion all off season and not football. 

- If a defensive linemen comes within 18 yards, he will dance and stop his progressions. 

- Cannot extend a play with his legs, but he can zero in on the checkdown route like a laser beam to avoid a sack. 

51 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Draft

Draft Jordan Love at #12/#19 - seems way too high right now and only seen 5 full games so far but after the combine and pro day he might sky rocket in this realm. I’m just unsure on him right now but I will watch more all snaps all games from him to get a better idea on him

• Draft Justin Herbert at #12 - no thank you

• Trade up into the top ten and draft Tua- unless our front office is emphatic about Tua (Medicals are good and he looks great) he is there guy QBoTF. Unless he is going to return to form no way I’d trade precious assets that could net us Simmons and Ruggs to get a crippled QB. He would have to be 100% cleared

• Trade into the second round and draft Jacob Eason my favorite option

ehhhhh not exciting pick but wouldn’t be mad

Free Agency

• Sign Marcus Mariota to a short term prove it deal Please god no

Sign Teddy Bridgewater to a huge contract - doubt the saints let him walk. He could be good but probably not great we would definitely need to draft and develop a QB waiting in the wings going that route

• Sign Tom Brady to a short term huge contract - good possibility and if we went this route we draft his successor this year or next draft probably the best option outside of just drafting a QB this year

Sign Phillip Rivers to a short term deal - Idk about this one 50/50 is he better than Carr : yes. So any positive moves in upgrading the position with a plan for the future in place I like that the change has been made and a new direction I could live with it

Trade

• Make a trade with Washington for Alex Smith not worth the trouble for a higher end game manager compared to the trash can version of himself if no options are left I could see it as a stop gap if he could even play that is

• Make a trade with Jacksonville for Nick Foles Please god no

Winston is an option also not a great one but can be a serviceable stopgap for a rookie to take over

Edited by Gannon12

Everyone keeps talking about upgrading from Carr but there are different ways to upgrade.  Very few QBs will be able to hang with Carr when it comes to physical talent but that is not the only factor.  Carr has a few faults that I believe make him a lesser QB then some of the options out there.  He needs to start taking chances at the right time or taking a personal risk to help the team.  He is gun shy and panics if you start to get after him.  He is smart but not n=mentally tuff.  He is similar to a smart child that has panic attacks when they have to take a test.  As soon as the pressure increases they can not tell you how to spell their name.  Whether it is genetic or from his injuries does not matter.