You decide: Do we move on from Carr this offseason?

RaidersAreOne

Should we move on from Carr this offseason  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should we move on from Carr this offseason?

• Yes. We know what we have and it's time to move on.
    • No. Give him one more chance.

4 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Tannehill plays the position better. 

Correct.

Tannehill had 26 total TDs vs Carr's 24 TDs. Tannehill started 10 games (played  in 12) and Carr started all 16. Both had terrific RBs keeping defenses honest. Carr had the better OL and weapons. Tannehill had the better defense. 

21 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Correct.

Tannehill had 26 total TDs vs Carr's 24 TDs. Tannehill started 10 games (played  in 12) and Carr started all 16. Both had terrific RBs keeping defenses honest. Carr had the better OL and weapons. Tannehill had the better defense. 

Tannehil is miles better than Carr. I hope this post wasn’t low-key suggesting that Tannehil is only slightly better? He’s a lot better. 

Tannehil had the 4th Highest Passer Rating in NFL History and a 9.6 YPA, the highest in Super Bowl Era History. He was slinging the ball everywhere, with very little interceptions. Compared to Carrs 7.7 YPA. 

As for Henry, they are equal to each others success. Henry was averaging 3.0 YPC with Mariota as QB the first half of the season and 5.0 in the second half with Tannehil as QB. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Tannehil is miles better than Carr. I hope this post wasn’t low-key suggesting that Tannehil is only slightly better? He’s a lot better. 

Tannehil had the 4th Highest Passer Rating in NFL History and a 9.6 YPA, the highest in Super Bowl Era History. He was slinging the ball everywhere, with very little interceptions. Compared to Carrs 7.7 YPA. 

As for Henry, they are equal to each others success. Henry was averaging 3.0 YPC with Mariota as QB the first half of the season and 5.0 in the second half with Tannehil as QB. 

Agreed.

I was just pointing out how Tannehill is scoring more with lesser weapons than Carr. AJ Brown was the Titans leading receiver with 52 receptions and Corey Davis had 43. Waller had 90 and Renfrow had 49. The Raider RBs and FB had 98 total receptions. Carr had by far the better weapons. So why fewer TDs???

6 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Agreed.

I was just pointing out how Tannehill is scoring more with lesser weapons than Carr. AJ Brown was the Titans leading receiver with 52 receptions and Corey Davis had 43. Waller had 90 and Renfrow had 49. The Raider RBs and FB had 98 total receptions. Carr had by far the better weapons. So why fewer TDs???

People want to say AJ Brown and Davis are stud weapons, they were looking like bust before Tannehill, which is why I know our WR's not great but would look better with a QB who could actually make throws not wide open.

2 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Agreed.

A.J. Brown is better than any of our WRs, had him and Hollywood neck and neck for best WR in the draft. But I agree their weapons aren’t the greatest. It’s certainly not that much better than the Raiders core. Any Titan fan will tell you Corey Davis is garbage. 

Raider fans will cry though that our weapons are the worst thing on planet earth. Nah, worst weapons in the milky way. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

A.J. Brown is better than any of our WRs, had him and Hollywood neck and neck for best WR in the draft. But I agree their weapons aren’t the greatest. It’s certainly not that much better than the Raiders core. Any Titan fan will tell you Corey Davis is garbage. 

Raider fans will cry though that our weapons are the worst thing on planet earth. Nah, worst weapons in the milky way. 

2 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

People want to say AJ Brown and Davis are stud weapons, they were looking like bust before Tannehill, which is why I know our WR's not great but would look better with a QB who could actually make throws not wide open.

I don't think our weapons are that bad. But would look a lot better with a better QB. I think Brady could eat defenses with Waller and Renfrow. Heck, even Zay may surprise us. 

• Like 1

I like Tanehill, but let's not act like he was remotely responsible for those wins. Henry is carrying this team right now.

Tanny has COMBINED for 160 yards, 3 touchdowns, and an int in 2 playoff games with a whopping rating of 85 and a miserable 5.5 YPA. He hasn't played bad, but let's not act like this isn't a team game.

Against new england, their defense held NE to 13 points and added 7.

Against baltimore, the defense held baltimore to under 20 for one of the first times all year and forced turnovers.

It's a team game. Regardless of who's at qb, wins are a team result.

I want to build the kind of team tennessee has. Gritty. Forces turnovers. Tough in the trenches. SF has done the same thing and are on pace to potentially win the superbowl.

If Carr put up those numbers in 2 wins and Jacobs put up 400 rush yards in the 2 games and our defense played that well, I can only imagine the complaining from the fanbase. Its hilarious, but true.

Edited by MrOaktown_56
  • Like 1

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

I like Tanehill, but let's not act like he was remotely responsible for those wins. Henry is carrying this team right now.

Tanny has COMBINED for 160 yards, 3 touchdowns, and an int in 2 playoff games with a whopping rating of 85 and a miserable 5.5 YPA. He hasn't played bad, but let's not act like this isn't a team game.

Against baltimore, the defense held baltimore to under 20 for one of the first times all year and forced turnovers.

I want to build the kind of team tennessee has. Gritty. Forces turnovers. Tough in the trenches. SF has done the same thing and are on pace to potentially win the superbowl.

Just imagine our season without Jacobs. Without his  power churning runs and constantly  Getting good chunk yardage  and opening up the pass. Jacobs kept the defense honest and Derek still could do very little with it beyond the LOS.  We would be fighting for a top 3 pick 1-4 win season. Without Jacobs and leaving it up to Richard Washington and most importantly Carr in dire situations and we know where that gets us

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Tannehill is obviously not elite, but he is better than Carr.

How was Henry only averaging 3 yards per carry with Mariota and 5 yards per carry with Tannehill? Henry is balling because of the threat of the pass. Defenses did not respect Mariota. But they respect Tannehill. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Tannehill is obviously not elite, but he is better than Carr.

How was Henry only averaging 3 yards per carry with Mariota and 5 yards per carry with Tannehill? Henry is balling because of the threat of the pass. Defenses did not respect Mariota. But they respect Tannehill. 

Bingo also why we lost down the stretch imo no defenses feared carr passing beyond 10 yards. 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Bingo also why we lost down the stretch imo no defenses feared carr passing beyond 10 yards. 

Had nothing to do with no Jacobs, missing OL, no Moreau, injured Tyrell, etc.

Are we seriously comparing an injured Raiders team with the titans?  You guys are better than that.