WC: Titans@Patriots

Manny/Patrick

On 12/29/2019 at 7:36 PM, Elky said:

Tannehill throws for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns and Henry rushes for 150 and a couple of touchdowns while Brady barely throws for 100 and Michel/Burkhead combined get 10 carries.

Yet the Pats still win on an effing blocked punt or strip sack or something.

Yea I see the Pats winning this. But I think the Titans will play them tough. That Pats D has been exposed as of late and I see them struggling with Brown and Henry. But some sort of crazy late game miraculous scenario will lead to a NE squeak by win.

I don't think NE has the horses this year to knock off KC or Balt though.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2019 at 7:44 PM, TitanSlim said:

Man, Pats are really down right now, huh?

A lot of this board's Pats fans behave like a spoiled rich kid who throws a temper tantrum because he got a Ferrari on his 16th birthday and wanted a Lambo. Boo hoo, we didn't get a bye, get over it.

Anyway, as I said on the team board, the Patriots' D will load up to stop Henry and make Tannehill beat them. If he does, hats off to them. On offense, they should try to get their mediocre passing game going against a Titans' D that doesn't pressure much and is much more susceptible to the pass.

In my opinion, the Titans' offense should run a lot of early-down play action. They have to anticipate that the Patriots' #1 goal will be to stop the run, and they should counter that appropriately. Will free up a lot of space over the middle. On defense, I think the Titans need to manufacture pressure on Brady however they can, and then double Edelman and fly to the ball on the inevitable flat routes.

I think the Patriots will win but expect it will be a good game.

10 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Anyway, as I said on the team board, the Patriots' D will load up to stop Henry and make Tannehill beat them. If he does, hats off to them. On offense, they should try to get their mediocre passing game going against a Titans' D that doesn't pressure much and is much more susceptible to the pass.

In my opinion, the Titans' offense should run a lot of early-down play action. They have to anticipate that the Patriots' #1 goal will be to stop the run, and they should counter that appropriately. Will free up a lot of space over the middle. On defense, I think the Titans need to manufacture pressure on Brady however they can, and then double Edelman and fly to the ball on the inevitable flat routes.

heh, you’re pretty much describing what every defense does in opposition to us and what our primary gameplan is. run with henry- if he rolls early, great. if not, play-action becomes the bread and butter and usually loosens things up for henry later in the game. the big difference has simply been that tannehill is willing to let it rip and keeps us on schedule far better than mariota ever did. the question is whether we can manage this against a formidable defense like the patriots. 

defense will be a much bigger problem for us. injuries at CB have left the cupboard bare there and our pass rush has been nonexistent. that combination has allowed anybody and everybody to throw on us at will. i have a feeling brady will look magically revitalized on saturday night...

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

On defense, I think the Titans need to manufacture pressure on Brady however they can, and then double Edelman and fly to the ball on the inevitable flat routes.

I don't think Pees will double up on Edelman, I expect him to trust Ryan to line up with him in the slot. What I'm hoping for is man across the board and heavy blitz packages to give Brady as little time as possible since it seems your WR's seem to struggle to get separation. Our corners stepping in for Adoree and Butler are *** though so this could come back to bite us. It beats sitting there in zone coverage though.

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

It will get ugly. Titans will end the Patriots dynasty and start the Patriots tank for lawrence.

you think bill has the stomach for that tho? I can see the pats gradually getting that bad in 2-3 yrs but the fall from 12-4 to 3-13 in one yr seems impossible with bill there.

Just now, August4th said:

you think bill has the stomach for that tho? I can see the pats gradually getting that bad in 2-3 yrs but the fall from 12-4 to 3-13 in one yr seems impossible with bill there.

Bill will retire. He won't go through another rebuild with all his key players being old or FAs.