Playoffs/Wild Card Round! Texans v Bills GDT

ET80

Texans v Bills  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Texans
    • Bills

Buffalo boasts a top defense, particularly against the pass. Top 10 in sacks, ints, and forced fumbles. They are legit and with Fuller looking doubtful, we better have a solid plan B. OB said last week that the offense needs to change and get better. Today we saw more under center and bootlegs, I hope we continue that with our starters into the playoffs. That fits Watson so much better. The run game will be important for us, but don't be predictable! Stop forcing the run on 90% of the first downs. Mix it up.

If we can get pressure on Allen (hopefully Watt provides value since he is risking an injury) we have a good chance. Our team under OB (Watson included) has a terrible history in the playoffs. Not only do we lose, but we get humiliated. I like this matchup for us, but we must be disciplined and be creative on offense. They will be gunning for Watson.

Edited by amazingandre

I'm going to the game 

If we get blown out O'Brien better be canned.  Even a loss and he should at least be on the hot seat going into next year.  No excuses.

Bills are going to do what the Titans did today and thats run with Singletary and Gore to take pressure off of Josh Allen passing.  Bills receivers (especially Brown) has speed and that could give us fits.  If we have to come from behind we will lose this game.  

10 hours ago, amazingandre said:

Buffalo boasts a top defense, particularly against the pass. Top 10 in sacks, ints, and forced fumbles. They are legit and with Fuller looking doubtful, we better have a solid plan B. OB said last week that the offense needs to change and get better. Today we saw more under center and bootlegs, I hope we continue that with our starters into the playoffs. That fits Watson so much better. The run game will be important for us, but don't be predictable! Stop forcing the run on 90% of the first downs. Mix it up.

If we can get pressure on Allen (hopefully Watt provides value since he is risking an injury) we have a good chance. Our team under OB (Watson included) has a terrible history in the playoffs. Not only do we lose, but we get humiliated. I like this matchup for us, but we must be disciplined and be creative on offense. They will be gunning for Watson.

The Patriots had the best defense in the league, we still beat them. Watson just needs to show up, and we can cope without Fuller but that just means Stills needs to perform and so does Keke. I'm doubtful about Keke but I know Stills is a great player.

1 hour ago, Marco79 said:

I just hope the offense recovers from whatever has been happening the past few weeks. They’ve been so inconsistent from week to week. I hope they’ve been saving something for the playoffs or else this could become a blow out fast. 

It simply comes down to a healthy Will Fuller, tbh. If he's ready to run like he can, the offense finds its legs again.

If not, we're in for a very long day.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

It simply comes down to a healthy Will Fuller, tbh. If he's ready to run like he can, the offense finds its legs again.

If not, we're in for a very long day.

Our old pal Kevin Johnson could be starting for Buff at CB if Levi Wallace can't go.  T. White vs. Hopkins = two best in the league.  I don't care if it's Stills or Fuller, but that is the matchup that needs to be exploited along with Duke and Atkins/Fells.  Watson needs to come out sharp and shift into playoff mode which means doing whatever it takes to win on every series - none of this Fitz/Hoyer/Osweiler field position crap.  No more jacking around in the pocket hoping someone comes open - use those wheels and take off.  There is no reason on God's green earth that Josh Allen should have more rushing yards than a healthy & rested Deshaun. 

As for the D, Buffalo should be a great matchup if we can actually finish on 3rd and long and not allow a bunch of off script conversions with Singletary and Allen creating or lackluster pursuit like in the Denver game.  A guy who really needs to step is Benardrick McKinney who to my eye has been MIA for 2 months now as a leader, playmaker, and tackler along with his usual pathetic pass coverage that has been exposed again with Cole out.  It's insane that Cunningham has nearly twice as many solo tackles.  It's absolutely critical that we don't let them dink and dunk to Beasley down the middle all day, as I'm almost ready to concede a bomb to John Brown being inevitable, but make Allen actually earn it, not this missed tackle Joseph/Hargreaves garbage we've been surrendering lately. 

Buffalo reminds me of a better coached version of us pre-Deshaun but with a solid clutch QB and better secondary, but no Nuk (they will be scary next year as there are about 10 first round quality WRs this draft). They excel at muddling the game, not making mistakes, and sticking around in games where they seemingly have done little, while Allen plays clutch 4th q football to steal games. We've got the firepower and flash to dominate if we're "on" and not predictable, but I keep getting visions of Deshaun with that thousand yard stare he had vs. the Colts last year which was a similar setup to this one.  While Watson playing hero-ball is generally not a good thing, I think he needs to assert himself early and often in this one as we need that x-factor against this defense.  

Edited by Apollo Stallion
  • Like 1

I think we can win this. I'm just really glad that we won't have to play the patriots in round 2 like always

edit: I mean our chances vs the Ravens are probably worse but I hate losing to NE

Edited by tab