Recapping the 2019 Oakland Raiders: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Happy to hear Gruden wants Cle focused on DE.

He played better down the stretch for sure. I think he'll become a good starter sooner than later. And who knows, the whole leadership/culture thing on defense may be a big deal. Great defenses have guys who set the tone and bring energy/accountability. Mullen, Ferrell, Crosby, and Abram all seem like that.

We just need some alphas at LB as we'll be in business.

The ugly was Carr's play overall. Very disappointing. I'm willing to give him one more year because I don't see a better option and we have other team needs, but his check down, give up on plays, nervous feet demeanor was very disappointing. I know he had no receivers. He did have a top ten RB, TE, and Oline though. He should have been able to make a few more plays when it mattered. Use your feet dude. Take a couple of deep shots to keep the defense honest. Don't give up on 4th down in the 4th quarter when the game is on the line. I mean "right" to use Carr's favorite word.

The LB corp is the ugliest situation on the whole team. Total start over.

Secondary was beat up with injuries. We could use a another corner, but if Karl Joseph and Abrams had been able to stay healthy with the emergence of Mullens we aren't far from being pretty good. 

Edited by ragingraider