• Other (please share!)
  3. 3. Why do you work out?

• Get in shape/Stay in shape
    • Stress Relief
    • Fun/Hobby
    • Asthetics
    • Sport/Activity training
    • Yoga Pants
    • Health benefits (diabetes management, joint recovery, etc)

Survey kind of messed up if you answer no to first question of this poll. Says field is required and makes you answer the next poll question for submitting your first answer. Have already answered that I don't do fitness and answering where or why does make for a moot point.

I lift 3-4 days a week and I use my school (I'm a teacher and coach). It's one of the perks I get since I have a key. I try to lift with my team, which is nice for a few reasons:

1. I'm there to supervise anyway, so I may as well get after it.

2. I do it to be healthy and I'm a firm believer in major movements/core lifts and free weights. Plus, my wife likes the results and I like looking like I'm in shape. It keeps me young. I may not look like I did in college anymore, but I'm still in shape at 5'11 170-175 and can do the 1+/2/2 with my bench, squat, and deadlifts (Bench more than my weight, squat and deadlift twice my weight). I'm not trying to power lift after a shoulder surgery and multiple knee surgeries, but still.

3. I'm a competitive person, so seeing my weights move up gives me personal "records" to beat every day.

4. My kids see me lifting with them every day in the offseason, so when push comes to shove and they want to make excuses during the season, almost always they know that I've been there with them, doing the same things, hold myself to the same standard that I'm holding them to, and I push them and try to get a few kids in my "lifting group" who need the accountability.

1 hour ago, texans_uk said:

Been running (not sure if that counts as a "workout") since the end of May. 

I've trimmed down by almost 5kg. And I've knocked 1:00/km off my pace. Feel great and my 32" trousers (pants) are falling off me. 

How many times do we have to talk about using these imaginary units of measurement? 

I mostly play disc golf, which winds up being around a 3 mile hike. I also have a Treadclimber at home to use.

18 minutes ago, PurpleLion said:

Survey kind of messed up if you answer no to first question of this poll. Says field is required and makes you answer the next poll question for submitting your first answer. Have already answered that I don't do fitness and answering where or why does make for a moot point.

Did not know that, thanks for the feedback.

The correct answer for your question is "No/Other/Yoga Pants" if you must know.

Over 2015 I got pretty into working out, fitness, and health in general. Went from 270 to 180, actually lowest weight was around 175. Over 2017, I've maintained my workout schedule but not so much the diet. I'm back up to 200 but my clothes from 180 still all fit just fine and I lift heavier. Still want to recommit to dieting and get back down to where I was. New winter goal I guess? 

I also got into running, I ran a local 5K at the end of July. Took first place(out of eight) in the male 30-39 age group with a time of 24:38.  

Archived