Freddie's play calling cost Chubb the rushing title

Derrick Henry had a monster day, finishing with 211 rushing yards. That gave him 1,550 for the year.

Chubb came into week 17 leading with 1,453 yards. Freddie's stellar play calling of one series of three straight runs, then the next series of three straight passes - netted Chubb just 42 yards. He finished 55 yards short of the title.

Ever hear of mixing a run with a pass within a series? Only two thirds of America knows to do that, just not in the backwoods of Alabama.

No more OJT - time for a change

I am not sure that more carries would have gotten him the title with the way that Derek Henry ran. However, Chubb would’ve still lost the title if Derek Henry had a normal day based on today. So bad in itself is unacceptable. Also, it is clear that this team is way better when we run the ball more. So bad job overall.

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

That is why I HATE a head coach that calls his own plays. Too involved in the minutia of the offense to manage the entire team, like real head coaches do.

I mean, BB has called his defense, Shanny his offense, McCarthy, etc.

Some guys can, some can’t.  I had no issue with Freddie trying, but he was clearly in over his head and refused to give up control.  That’s the issue.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, BB has called his defense, Shanny his offense, McCarthy, etc.

Some guys can, some can’t.  I had no issue with Freddie trying, but he was clearly in over his head and refused to give up control.  That’s the issue.

The issues are that his play-calling sucked, and that he kept repeating the same mistakes.

2 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Derrick Henry had a monster day, finishing with 211 rushing yards. That gave him 1,550 for the year.

Chubb came into week 17 leading with 1,453 yards. Freddie's stellar play calling of one series of three straight runs, then the next series of three straight passes - netted Chubb just 42 yards. He finished 55 yards short of the title.

Ever hear of mixing a run with a pass within a series? Only two thirds of America knows to do that, just not in the backwoods of Alabama.

No more OJT - time for a change

Probably shaved a few million off Chubbs next contract

Awards cost your team nothing but money

• Like 1