WC: Titans at Pats

Elky

Don't even care if they win this game b/c we all know what happens if they have to go to Arrowhead the following week! 3-4 since the 9-0 start and issues everywhere including the vaunted defense that was supposed to be so great lol! Where's the pass rush been since 9-0? Where's the boggymen been since 9-0? Oh and the offense has been garbage all year.

10 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Can't wait to see if Rex Burkhead and Matt LaCosse get used more as well as how the offense features N'Keal Harry.

Defensively they are good enough to step up.

I hope they miraculously go on a run.

Chiefs are down Juan Thornhill now which is huge.

I think there is a fair shot we will see anyone of the Ravens/Texans/Bills in the AFC Championship.

Imagine a Pats/Bills AFC Championship in Foxboro. People would lose their minds leading up to that game.

Very likely the Pats stumble over the finish line at some point given the nature of their season thus far and the unlikelihood of beating the same team three times in a single season. Or if they win that game and go to the Super Bowl, then struggle to capitalize in the big game. Still, I haven't lost hope.

Edited by DoleINGout
  • Like 2

Four games to glory. 

As the Dolphins showed yesterday, anyone can beat anyone on any given Sunday. That holds true for the AFC playoffs and title game. The reaction if we somehow did that in KC and/or  Baltimore would be something to savour for th ages. 

But first, the defence shows up and Brady's elbow heals up for the Titans.

16 hours ago, NFL Network said:

Don't even care if they win this game b/c we all know what happens if they have to go to Arrowhead the following week! 3-4 since the 9-0 start and issues everywhere including the vaunted defense that was supposed to be so great lol! Where's the pass rush been since 9-0? Where's the boggymen been since 9-0? Oh and the offense has been garbage all year.

OK

On 1/19/2019 at 7:15 PM, NFL Network said:

It will be 2 years in a row they lose to an Andy Reid style offense. Only difference is that the Chiefs have a QB who is even more difficult to defend than what the Eagles trotted out against them last year.

Also look for Chiefs defense to overachieve against the Patriots offense since they can rush the passer and play better at Arrowhead. 9-0 at home and 3-6 on the road will be what defines their season. Also will be thinking about the Miami miracle all offseason as the reason why this game wasn't in Foxborough. 

I think this team has underachieved during the regular season, but has the ability to turn it on in the playoffs. It was ridiculously disappointing that they lost the 2 seed. But if their defense gets back to lockdown mode and the offense shows sign of life as it did vs. the Bengals and a very stingy Bills' D, they can beat anyone.

Obviously the #1 goal for this defense is to prevent Henry from getting going. Put the game in Tannehill's hands and trust in the secondary to shut him down and get an INT or two or three. Success on offense will be all about the passing game. The Titans don't get pressure a lot and their weakness is in the passing game. If the OL can hold up, I believe Brady should be able to avoid turnovers and march the offense down the field repeatedly. Burkhead and White should play big roles. It's too bad that we don't have a receiving TE threat as that's a TEN weakness.

I don't see why we can't put up 30 points on this team if offense, defense and ST are running on all cylinders.

34 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

I think this team has underachieved during the regular season, but has the ability to turn it on in the playoffs. It was ridiculously disappointing that they lost the 2 seed. But if their defense gets back to lockdown mode and the offense shows sign of life as it did vs. the Bengals and a very stingy Bills' D, they can beat anyone.

Obviously the #1 goal for this defense is to prevent Henry from getting going. Put the game in Tannehill's hands and trust in the secondary to shut him down and get an INT or two or three. Success on offense will be all about the passing game. The Titans don't get pressure a lot and their weakness is in the passing game. If the OL can hold up, I believe Brady should be able to avoid turnovers and march the offense down the field repeatedly. Burkhead and White should play big roles. It's too bad that we don't have a receiving TE threat as that's a TEN weakness.

I don't see why we can't put up 30 points on this team if offense, defense and ST are running on all cylinders.

The offense is dead in the water.

It's had little surges of life here and there, but it's not enough.

13 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

The offense is dead in the water.

It's had little surges of life here and there, but it's not enough.

Yup they are dead. They needed to be at home the entire playoffs but couldn't even muster up a #2 seed when it was there on a platter. I think not resigning key players caught up to them this year e.g. Trent Brown Trey Flowers. Also wouldn't Chandler Jones look good right now lol! 

55 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Yup they are dead. They needed to be at home the entire playoffs but couldn't even muster up a #2 seed when it was there on a platter. I think not resigning key players caught up to them this year e.g. Trent Brown Trey Flowers. Also wouldn't Chandler Jones look good right now lol! 

They traded Jones for a 2nd round pick, which they then traded to NO for two lower picks. One of those picks was for Joe Thuney, who has been our most consistent and arguably best OL man since he was drafted. The other was a WR named Malcolm Mitchell, who was a crucial part of them coming back to win SB LI. I'm OK with that trade.