WC: Titans at Pats

Elky

3 hours ago, lolsurebro said:

The offense is dead in the water.

It's had little surges of life here and there, but it's not enough.

Overexaggeration. If the defense is doing well, all the offense needs is little surges. They're 13th in yards/play in the last three games, 6th in total rushing yards, 9th in yards/rush, and 11th in passer rating with a 5:1 TD/INT ratio and only 3 sacks. Not great, but certainly not dead in the water.

Will they be able to go into KC and BAL and beat both on the road? Most likely not, but they should at least be able to take care of business at home and beat the Titans, and have a puncher's chance against anyone.

Not having the bye is huge because players with nagging injuries can't heal up, and that's been an issue on both sides of the ball late in the season.

• Like 1

We have to figure out how to stop Derrick Henry and that run game, not worried about Tannehill, Bill knows him pretty good so we should keep him quiet. Need to make sure we execute well on defense because when this defense executes its as good as any in the league but when it doesn't, oh boy. 

As for the offense we gotta start using Rex Burkhead more it's crazy how he was our best player for 2 weeks on offense and then he gets like 7 touches against the Dolphins. Honestly I'm taking the Patriots 24-20 in this one. I feel like we took that Miami game a way too lightly we all saw how good this team performed when the division was on the line against a legit team like the Bills, I feel like that game is a more accurate representation of the skills of this team. We just took Miami a bit too light and they had nothing to lose so they went all out and played the best game they could of ever imagined. 

I really hope we can go on a run here, because people are doubting us way more than even last year and it would be just another notch on this teams belt to win the Superbowl after having gone through the wildcard -- something that we haven't done. 

Honestly I'm use to this kind of talk during the playoffs with the Patriots, people can keep doubting and hating, but Tom is bringing #7 home, you heard it here first!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Overexaggeration. If the defense is doing well, all the offense needs is little surges. They're 13th in yards/play in the last three games, 6th in total rushing yards, 9th in yards/rush, and 11th in passer rating with a 5:1 TD/INT ratio and only 3 sacks. Not great, but certainly not dead in the water.

Will they be able to go into KC and BAL and beat both on the road? Most likely not, but they should at least be able to take care of business at home and beat the Titans, and have a puncher's chance against anyone.

Not having the bye is huge because players with nagging injuries can't heal up, and that's been an issue on both sides of the ball late in the season.

I've learned from my experience on forums that people on forums (especially sports forums) always overreact and exaggerate. Lol I'm highly disappointed in this one though because people on here talking as if we're the Browns not the Patriots like chill out guys we've made the Superbowl 4 of the last 5 seasons, won it thrice in that span and 6 times in the past 18 years like so what if we miss out this one time. 

But I strongly believe if this team will do well in the playoffs just because of the kind of mindset they have in the playoffs. There is no better team in the playoffs than these guys most people succumb to the pressure of this might be the last game of our season but this team rises to that and plays even better. Add on to the fact that we've never won the Superbowl through the wildcard so I feel like all this will add up to just motivate these guys even more, and I for sure won't be surprised if this team brings home #7.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

The one advantage I don't think discussed is the Patriots familiarity with Ryan Tannehill from his Dolphins days.

That cuts both ways imo....with how good Fitzpatrick looked, and how good Titans RB is....I can see Tannehil coasting and making the necessary throws all day.

every team is going to exploit those crossing routes

I honestly haven’t seen much of the Titans but at this point I don’t think any game should be a predicted win. The team just isn’t consistent, and even when they are firing on all cylinders, they still aren’t very good. 

hopefully the defense is on fire and Tannehill makes mistakes.

Pats 20 - Titans 17

Wouldn't be surprised if we lost.  If the Dolphins (which most people made fun of all season) can win in Foxboro, Titans for sure can as well. And even if we make it past the Titans, we then have to face Balt/KC/Texans... all of which we lost to as well. This feels like a wasted season for me. Hopefully Brady doesn't retire and sticks with the Pats for at least another year and hopefully BB will provide him with more help.

• Like 2

I think the offense can put it together for this game but I am afraid that they can't muster it for 4 straight games which will ultimately unravel them. With that said, lets take it one game at a time... This game will fall squarely on the defense; we all know what to expect from the offense (not much) so we need them to stop one of the best backs in the NFL, something that they have struggled to do and prove that Tannehill is still not a good QB. Tom has always proven that when come playoff time he can elevate his play so I don't think they will be completely abysmal this game.

4 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

That cuts both ways imo....with how good Fitzpatrick looked, and how good Titans RB is....I can see Tannehil coasting and making the necessary throws all day.

every team is going to exploit those crossing routes

From what I remember from Ryan Tannehil in Miami he would save his best for the Patriots much like Firtzpatrick would do wherever he played.

Another thing working against the Patriots is the dreaded ex Bill Belichick player/coach disciple in Mike Vrable again. The last 2 years the ex Patriots coaches/players have gotten the better of them as these people tend to make a point of emphasis of beating the Patriots over anybody else in the league.

Regardless I really don't care if they lose b/c I know they are done in the next round as good luck wining in KC with this team. I wouldn't of like to see a Patriots/Niners SB b/c its my 2 fav teams but that's a pipedream that will never happen.

With Adoree and Butler out our pass defense has been complete garbage. We also don't have a very good pass rush - Casey seems to have lost a step, Wake is on IR and wasn't producing anyways, and Landry has disappeared over the last quarter of the season. We can't generate pressure unless we bring a blitz package. Our defense is not close to what it's been the last couple years...the one thing we could hang our hats on was being a top redzone defense but we're ranked 31st this year in that category. I know the talk is Brady and the offense not being very good, but the game is in Foxborough, Brady rises to the occasion in the playoffs at home, and he is up against a secondary comprised of a late waiver wire addition, a practice squader, and a banged up 4th stringer. I expect your offense to look fine.

So here we go; our D has been found out as well

Basically teams know how Gilmore will line up depending on where the receiver is, they know the single safety will be covering his aggression which means the others are actually on an island and Jones keeps biting double moves. 

Might be BS but worth a watch, and I'm sure BB knows all this anyway.

19 hours ago, childofpudding said:

I will admit my statement was emotionally charged, however It's not wrong to say the offense has not found itself in a way that makes them a serious contender in the playoffs. The offense is middle of the road when they're playing at their best. Our highest peaks this season have been playoff teams averages, comparatively. Perhaps my wording is too strong for your taste, but the point I'm making is accurate.

The defense has not performed as well as it had earlier this season, in more recent games. There is absolutely no way our defense holds down KC/BAL who throw up 30-40 points a game. And when you consider that the NE offense struggles to hit 20's, I think it's safe to chalk this season up as a loss.

The only way we win is by the grace of the gods. Lets not act like TEN aren't a real threat this upcoming weekend!