Jump to content
Elky

WC: Titans at Pats

Recommended Posts

Honest question: Can they hire Chad O’Shea immediately, or do they have to wait til the official off season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2019 at 2:01 PM, IheartMyV8 said:

If they did somehow manage to a). go into KC/Bal and walk out with wins and b). win the big game... one HELL of a mic drop walk-off home run.  I don't see it, and there doesn't seem to be any of that "Believe" or "We're still here" mindset being broadcast anywhere.

 

19 hours ago, Split the Sticks said:

I don't think even Tom Brady thinks they can do  it.  Never seen the guy look so miserable

This has what's been most telling for me, how the entire team from Brady all the way to Belichick just looks disinterested and mentally drained. 

 

Nobody on this Pats team thinks they can win it all this year, and it just feels like everyone is just coasting, waiting for the season to end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/01/2020 at 1:22 AM, Split the Sticks said:

I don't think even Tom Brady thinks they can do  it.  Never seen the guy look so miserable

Strange because he's beaten better teams with less to work with. Saints 2013 springs to mind. Maybe he thinks it's him....?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Strange because he's beaten better teams with less to work with. Saints 2013 springs to mind. Maybe he thinks it's him....?

I think Brady, for the first time, is experiencing a lack of faith in the FO. He campaigned hard for AB, he let him stay at his house, he did private work-outs to get him up to speed. He wanted him here, and I think he took AB getting cut a little personally.

More than that, they didn't address the TE position despite losing Gronk, they let Gordon and DT go. I think Brady's tired, and is experiencing that feeling of "this team doesn't want to win as much as I do" for the first time in his career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

I think Brady, for the first time, is experiencing a lack of faith in the FO. He campaigned hard for AB, he let him stay at his house, he did private work-outs to get him up to speed. He wanted him here, and I think he took AB getting cut a little personally.

More than that, they didn't address the TE position despite losing Gronk, they let Gordon and DT go. I think Brady's tired, and is experiencing that feeling of "this team doesn't want to win as much as I do" for the first time in his career.

But TB12 of all people should understand the importance of maintaining a brand even at the Patriots expense...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2020 at 3:32 PM, Pats#1 said:

 

This has what's been most telling for me, how the entire team from Brady all the way to Belichick just looks disinterested and mentally drained. 

 

Nobody on this Pats team thinks they can win it all this year, and it just feels like everyone is just coasting, waiting for the season to end.

I've never seen Belichick and Brady celebrate like they did in the KC game (more so BB), so I don't agree with the disinterested comment at all. Frustrated? Sure, I think you can definitely see that with Brady. Part of me feels like Belichick loves grinding the gross, low score, ST/Defense laden games lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

I think Brady, for the first time, is experiencing a lack of faith in the FO. He campaigned hard for AB, he let him stay at his house, he did private work-outs to get him up to speed. He wanted him here, and I think he took AB getting cut a little personally.

More than that, they didn't address the TE position despite losing Gronk, they let Gordon and DT go. I think Brady's tired, and is experiencing that feeling of "this team doesn't want to win as much as I do" for the first time in his career.

Horrible thought, isn't it. We could be on last orders here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

I've never seen Belichick and Brady celebrate like they did in the KC game (more so BB), so I don't agree with the disinterested comment at all. Frustrated? Sure, I think you can definitely see that with Brady. Part of me feels like Belichick loves grinding the gross, low score, ST/Defense laden games lol

I just think their body language shows a beaten group of guys....I don’t see the typical resilience or grit that I’m used to seeing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I think about this game, specifically the match-ups when we're on D, the more hope leaves me. 

We have struggled all year with bringing big backs down, and stopping smash-mouth football in general, and this team coming here is probably the best at it. Henry is a massive problem for us, and it's no wonder all our players are banging on about tackling this week. No sht, tackling needs to be on point. Their size all across the board is a problem for us. We don't have the hats to match-up in terms of size - we are built to man-up and frustrate passing games.

We'll be using heavy doses of Hightower, Collins, KVN, Butler, Guy and Shelton against heavy, but TEN can easily then spread their formation, and we'll be stuck asking guys like Chung to cover YAC kings like Jonnu Smith (2nd amongst TEs in YAC) and if they go to Henry, it will be up to our big but mostly slow LBs to take on Henry, who is obviously also rapid. Not a good look for us. Collins is absolutely key for us, because he is a big boy but also athletic. Will be worked. 

It's like what we used to do to teams when we had Gronk - come out in a heavy formation to get their big players on the field, then open it up and put Gronk and RBs out wide :D 

Gilmore's got to go on Brown, because Brown is....you guessed it....a YAC king (1ST amongst WR YAC) and Steph is really good at tracking a receiver if he's caught it. 

 

TEN by 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy win for the Titans.  Pats offense is absolutely all time trash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IF we win this, I'm going to be respectful to our opponent fans' as always, but I may just be a total prck on gen....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

The more I think about this game, specifically the match-ups when we're on D, the more hope leaves me. 

We have struggled all year with bringing big backs down, and stopping smash-mouth football in general, and this team coming here is probably the best at it. Henry is a massive problem for us, and it's no wonder all our players are banging on about tackling this week. No sht, tackling needs to be on point. Their size all across the board is a problem for us. We don't have the hats to match-up in terms of size - we are built to man-up and frustrate passing games.

We'll be using heavy doses of Hightower, Collins, KVN, Butler, Guy and Shelton against heavy, but TEN can easily then spread their formation, and we'll be stuck asking guys like Chung to cover YAC kings like Jonnu Smith (2nd amongst TEs in YAC) and if they go to Henry, it will be up to our big but mostly slow LBs to take on Henry, who is obviously also rapid. Not a good look for us. Collins is absolutely key for us, because he is a big boy but also athletic. Will be worked. 

It's like what we used to do to teams when we had Gronk - come out in a heavy formation to get their big players on the field, then open it up and put Gronk and RBs out wide :D 

Gilmore's got to go on Brown, because Brown is....you guessed it....a YAC king (1ST amongst WR YAC) and Steph is really good at tracking a receiver if he's caught it. 

 

TEN by 7

If the Patriots had a pass rush like they did when they were 9-0 then the defense would be able to win the game but when your leading sacker only has 7 (Collins) you have a problem. Guys like Winovich has been stuck on 5.5 sacks for the last 2 months and hence QB's are picking apart the secondary. The run defense has gotten a bit better in terms of YPG but now they are worse against the pass b/c they can't get to the QB and when they do they just wiff at him e.g. Fitz. Unless we see some defensive or ST scores I think the Titans have an excellent shot.

Also it's all moot to me b/c in order to reach the SB the #1 seed was required and they couldn't even get a bye. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

If the Patriots had a pass rush like they did when they were 9-0 then the defense would be able to win the game but when your leading sacker only has 7 (Collins) you have a problem. Guys like Winovich has been stuck on 5.5 sacks for the last 2 months and hence QB's are picking apart the secondary. The run defense has gotten a bit better in terms of YPG but now they are worse against the pass b/c they can't get to the QB and when they do they just wiff at him e.g. Fitz. Unless we see some defensive or ST scores I think the Titans have an excellent shot.

Also it's all moot to me b/c in order to reach the SB the #1 seed was required and they couldn't even get a bye. 

This may be glass half full, but I have a theory on this. Offenses have clued in on when we send the house (3rd down basically), and so have a quicker internal clock - but it's still led to a lot of incompletions. We have forced our opponents to punt the most in the league. It seems we've traded sacks for incompletions.

 

Like I said...that could be BS half full theory. 

 

As for the bold. Pretty much. On to next year.

Edited by Hunter2_1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×