Picking #3

Superduperman

Sure seems like Burrow and Young are 1 and 2, lots of combine and stuff to go but at this point it would be a big upset if that changed.

This leaves the Lions at the spot where many, many different things can happen. Based on current info and what we know about how Quinn works (unfortunately), I feel like Derrick Brown and Andrew Thomas are the biggest front runners. I don't see the Lions taking a CB at #3.

3 minutes ago, TimeForChange said:

How do you see Chase falling to us? Not arguing, genuinely curious because I’m not sure why the Skins pass on him

It’s more wishful thinking. I could see them taking Andrew Thomas or JJ. Perhaps even trade out to one of the more QB needing teams.

1 minute ago, Lionized said:

It’s more wishful thinking. I could see them taking Andrew Thomas or JJ. Perhaps even trade out to one of the more QB needing teams.

Don't think Jerry Jeudy gets them to pass on Chase Young.  The only player that might get the Redskins to pass on Chase Young would be Andrew Thomas.  And even then, I don't think it's likely.

7 minutes ago, TimeForChange said:

How do you see Chase falling to us? Not arguing, genuinely curious because I’m not sure why the Skins pass on him

I mean, if Tua bounces back fast and looks healthy, a team could trade up to #2. I don't think that will happen but I give it a non-zero chance.

If the Lions were smart, they'd either play up rumors of Stafford's back being a problem, or at least not do anything to fight the rumors. It would be good for other teams to believe the lions could take a QB

Just now, Superduperman said:

I mean, if Tua bounces back fast and looks healthy, a team could trade up to #2. I don't think that will happen but I give it a non-zero chance.

If the Lions were smart, they'd either play up rumors of Stafford's back being a problem, or at least not do anything to fight the rumors. It would be good for other teams to believe the lions could take a QB

Even then, it's unlikely.  There's going to be enough concerns about the medicals.  And even then, the cost is likely be prohibitive for any team to move up that high.  Outside of Miami (who is unlikely to move up for a QB IMO), you're looking at the LA Chargers, Carolina, and Jacksonville as the only teams inside the top 10 who might be interested in moving up for a QB.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Even then, it's unlikely.  There's going to be enough concerns about the medicals.  And even then, the cost is likely be prohibitive for any team to move up that high.  Outside of Miami (who is unlikely to move up for a QB IMO), you're looking at the LA Chargers, Carolina, and Jacksonville as the only teams inside the top 10 who might be interested in moving up for a QB.

Thats all true, all I'm saying is there might be a small chance and if so, the Lions would be wise to make it bigger if they can.

Too many high quality QBs in this draft for anyone to trade up. Burrow, Tua,  and Herbert are all going high. Fromm, Eason, Hurts, etc all have a chance to be pretty good QBs too. There really isn't any reason to trade up or reach for QBs in this draft. There are plenty.

Washington should probably draft Tua for their own sake, but they probably won't.

Bleh

48 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Too many high quality QBs in this draft for anyone to trade up. Burrow, Tua,  and Herbert are all going high. Fromm, Eason, Hurts, etc all have a chance to be pretty good QBs too. There really isn't any reason to trade up or reach for QBs in this draft. There are plenty.

Washington should probably draft Tua for their own sake, but they probably won't.

Bleh

They're gonna have a new gm and Haskins tape this year wasn't very good. Could happen.