Picking #3

Superduperman

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Now let him train for three months on how to run a better 40.  It may not shave .3 seconds but he can shave some and will be one of if not the best CB prospect in a long while. 

For sure he will be. He'll probably run a 4.42 but he has really good size and everything else. 

47 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

There are also reports that the Lions are working on a long-term deal with Slay.

Short of getting Young, I'm leaning towards a trade down to 5 and grabbing Okudah. That CB duo, with another piece from the MIA trade, would be splendid.

I think this is what I'm wanting as well.  Would love to move down to 5 and pick up a second as well.  I have no idea if that is the value for moving up two spots, but it would be grand. TBH, I think I might want this more than landing Young...I think.

• Like 1

What do you guys think it would take to get the Lions to trade with the Vikings for the #3 pick?  Is it even a possibility, or could a deal be worked out.  I wouldn't mind seeing us offer our first-round picks for 2020, 2021, and maybe some other picks or players.  If I were the Vikings GM, the only player who wouldn't be on the block for me would be Danielle Hunter.  Everybody else is worth discussing.

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

What do you guys think it would take to get the Lions to trade with the Vikings for the #3 pick?  Is it even a possibility, or could a deal be worked out.  I wouldn't mind seeing us offer our first-round picks for 2020, 2021, and maybe some other picks or players.  If I were the Vikings GM, the only player who wouldn't be on the block for me would be Danielle Hunter.  Everybody else is worth discussing.

At this point of where the team is at, I just don't see any scenario where the Lions would make a trade with Minnesota. The Packers are probably the favourite for the division right now but it's still quite open. Minnesota did help themselves towards the latter half of the season and put away some of the question marks. However, another slow start to the year and they might not be so lucky to play a bad Detroit team twice again. You guys are also down in the early-ish 20's, so you'd have to basically give up a boat load of picks and that horn you blow when there's a TD before they'd even look at an offer. 

• Like 1

Just now, Karnage84 said:

At this point of where the team is at, I just don't see any scenario where the Lions would make a trade with Minnesota. The Packers are probably the favourite for the division right now but it's still quite open. Minnesota did help themselves towards the latter half of the season and put away some of the question marks. However, another slow start to the year and they might not be so lucky to play a bad Detroit team twice again. You guys are also down in the early-ish 20's, so you'd have to basically give up a boat load of picks and that horn you blow when there's a TD before they'd even look at an offer. 

Players and picks are one thing, but we're not parting with the horn!  xD

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I agree with Karnage.  We are expecting multiple firsts + to move back in the top 10, perhaps only as far back as 5.  I see no way we would move down into the 20s without gettng 4/5 picks in the first two rounds over the next 2/3 drafts plus some players.  Especially if its for the Vikes to draft their QBOTF. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'm assuming you would want Tua at 3? If not, who would you be wanting?