Jump to content
Superduperman

Picking #3

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Perfect! By your own admission, this team was competitive both with and without Stafford. Hats off to Patricia: he managed to keep this team competitive despite a slew of injuries.

I guess the man earned his 3rd season.

If all you aspire for is to continually lose close games, I guess we'll never see eye to eye. I'd like to see wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

If all you aspire for is to continually lose close games, I guess we'll never see eye to eye. I'd like to see wins.

Nope. Just context. If we were so "competitive" with a truly mediocre QB, one would rationally conclude that we'd be much improved with a vastly better QB. Hence, the argument. (You got to it this time, so credit to you.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:32 PM, CWood21 said:

Who are the Dolphins trading up for?  I believe the last time we saw a team trade into the top 5 for a non-QB it was in 2014 when Buffalo moved to up to select Sammy Watkins.  Prior to that you had the Dolphins with Dion Jordan in 2013.  Teams are reluctant to move up into the top 5 for non-QBs, and teams who are willing to move down want an arm and a leg to do so, which makes trades hard to come by.  Unless Miami is going up for Tua, I don't see any reason why Miami would move up.  And even if they wanted Tua, I think they're content seeing if he falls to them anyways.

 

I totally agree with you, the dolphins would only trade up for Tua. unless the the best o-line guy comes out and is the next Joe Thomas.  I don't think we would trade with the dolphins, I would like to see us trade down but im not sure if we fit with many teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This could go a number of ways if we stay at #3:

1.  The Redskins take Andrew Thomas and we take Chase Young at #3.  We bolster the interior of our line with Chris Jones.  We take Clemson Guard John Simmons in Rd 2.

2.  We take Andrew Thomas at #3 and move Taylor Decker to RT where he would probably be much more effective.  Draft Curtis Weaver in Rd 2.  Bolster our interior DL by trading for Tanoh Kpassgnon.

3.  We take Derrick Brown at #3 (put in the tape, he is worth it).  Sign Yannick Ngakowue, Cory Littleton and Jake Conklin in free agency.  Take Justin Jefferson in Rd 2

All of this being said, I could see them trading down but no further than Jacksonville at #9 who owns 2 first round picks.  We could definitely used an additional 2d or 3rd rounder.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Just Want A Title said:

This could go a number of ways if we stay at #3:

1.  The Redskins take Andrew Thomas and we take Chase Young at #3.  We bolster the interior of our line with Chris Jones.  We take Clemson Guard John Simmons in Rd 2.

2.  We take Andrew Thomas at #3 and move Taylor Decker to RT where he would probably be much more effective.  Draft Curtis Weaver in Rd 2.  Bolster our interior DL by trading for Tanoh Kpassgnon.

3.  We take Derrick Brown at #3 (put in the tape, he is worth it).  Sign Yannick Ngakowue, Cory Littleton and Jake Conklin in free agency.  Take Justin Jefferson in Rd 2

All of this being said, I could see them trading down but no further than Jacksonville at #9 who owns 2 first round picks.  We could definitely used an additional 2d or 3rd rounder.  

 

I don’t think we can sign all of these free agents.  There is no way and I mean no way Chris Jones leaves KC. 

Having said that on to the draft.  If we stay at 3, at this moment the pick has to be Young if he’s there. That’s not even up for debate. They they were to take someone else the Quinn should be fired before round two. If Young is gone and we done trade up for him then Okudah. To me at this point that’s the only two I’m interested in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2020 at 4:11 PM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Nope. Just context. If we were so "competitive" with a truly mediocre QB, one would rationally conclude that we'd be much improved with a vastly better QB. Hence, the argument. (You got to it this time, so credit to you.)

Your "context" continues to ignore most of the picture. We saw this team with Stafford as QB already. Stafford played well, but the team was still losing. The defense was historically bad on a franchise littered with terrible defenses. This regime looks to chase away talented players and over pay NE cast offs. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

Your "context" continues to ignore most of the picture. We saw this team with Stafford as QB already. Stafford played well, but the team was still losing. The defense was historically bad on a franchise littered with terrible defenses. This regime looks to chase away talented players and over pay NE cast offs. 

 

Ha. It's such a sad argument.

You can keep ignoring the strength of the opponent, but it matters none the less. A 3-4-1 record with two close losses against two playoff teams, one being that fraudulent game against the Packers. This team wasn't out of it by any means, but you're welcome to pretend otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Ha. It's such a sad argument.

You can keep ignoring the strength of the opponent, but it matters none the less. A 3-4-1 record with two close losses against two playoff teams, one being that fraudulent game against the Packers. This team wasn't out of it by any means, but you're welcome to pretend otherwise.

You can keep ignoring the losing record, but it matters none the less. Clinging to losses (the KC game is better described as an epic collapse than a loss imo) as good things is illogical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"We had a LOSING RECORD!"

"I mean, we were 3-4-1 after losing to two playoff teams, one that finished 13-3 and the other that finished 12-4..."

"THE QUALITY OF AN OPPONENT IS IRRELEVANT!"

It's just shocking levels of nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

It's just shocking levels of nonsense.

I've been thinking the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

this could be a very good thing for us. if the draft goes burrow, young/tua and then the fun begins if tua is there at 3. I can see us trading down with a number of teams from the dolphins to the raiders. to the chargers maybe even the Jags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:
this could be a very good thing for us. if the draft goes burrow, young/tua and then the fun begins if tua is there at 3. I can see us trading down with a number of teams from the dolphins to the raiders. to the chargers maybe even the Jags.

Yeah, we're actually in a pretty great position.

Either a team jumps for one of the QBs, leaving us Young, or the Redskins take Young, leaving us with incredible trade-down value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

What if we draft Tua!? O.o

There is a scenario where that's the best option for the team.

If, during his recovery, the medical staff determines that Stafford either 1) wont be fully healthy, or 2) the injury could potentially jeopardize his career, drafting Tua should be the direction we take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×