Picking #3

Superduperman

If I am the Redskins, I would trade with Detroit to move from #2 to #3 and then auction off #3 for a kings ransom. They have so many needs and there's a new coach with a new system, etc. 

Just spitballing but

Trade 1- Detroit gets #2 overall and 2020 round 4; Washington gets # 3 and 2020 round 2

Trade 2 - Miami gets #3 overall (Tua); Washington gets #5 overall, #27

Starts with #2 overall

Ends with #5, #27, Rd 2

This would be a good series of trades for the three teams involved. 

If we:

(1) miss out on Young or (2) don't get a king's ransom in trading down from #3, I'd love to draft Tua, sit him for a year behind Stafford while we shop him, send Stafford to a winner and rebuild around Tua.

I love having Stafford here, but I don't see us winning it all in the next few years. I'd like to maximize his value whilst also doing what's in his or his legacy's best interest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nagahide13 said:

If we:

(1) miss out on Young or (2) don't get a king's ransom in trading down from #3, I'd love to draft Tua, sit him for a year behind Stafford while we shop him, send Stafford to a winner and rebuild around Tua.

I love having Stafford here, but I don't see us winning it all in the next few years. I'd like to maximize his value whilst also doing what's in his or his legacy's best interest.

Long term, that's probably our best strategy.

Knowing Quinn and Patricia have been put on the hot seat, I'd be shocked to see them make a move beneficial to beyond 2020.

4 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

If I am the Redskins, I would trade with Detroit to move from #2 to #3 and then auction off #3 for a kings ransom. They have so many needs and there's a new coach with a new system, etc. 

Just spitballing but

Trade 1- Detroit gets #2 overall and 2020 round 4; Washington gets # 3 and 2020 round 2

Starts with #2 overall

Ends with #5, #27, Rd 2

What would make The Lions trade up?  

2 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

If we:

I completely agree in those being my top 3 options. Each is intriguing. (Especially the thought of having Stafford go to a franchise with everything but a good QB. He deserves a quality team around him.)

13 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

What would make The Lions trade up?  

Chase Young? Their #1 need and a generational player. 

Washington could absolutely stay and take him there but they have a new coach. They need to rebuild the roster. They don't have a 2nd round pick. Adding a couple firsts and some other higher picks will allow them to add talent and build around Haskins. The Lions have a shorter window. Trading a 2nd rounder for a guy like Young is a calculated risk that is worth it to me. 

• Like 1

Personally, I don't want them to trade up at all and I really want Young.  I'd rather we stand pat or trade down.  I think Thomas is going to be a stud.  My choices would be 1) young 2)trade down, 3)Thomas 4) Qb of the future.  I wouldn't even be upset if they prepare for the long term and take Tua.  They have a lot of choices and I think a "panic move" would be to trade up.  There are a lot of holes on this team and the best way to fill them is to not give up young, cheap talent.

11 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

Personally, I don't want them to trade up at all and I really want Young.  I'd rather we stand pat or trade down.  I think Thomas is going to be a stud.  My choices would be 1) young 2)trade down, 3)Thomas 4) Qb of the future.  I wouldn't even be upset if they prepare for the long term and take Tua.  They have a lot of choices and I think a "panic move" would be to trade up.  There are a lot of holes on this team and the best way to fill them is to not give up young, cheap talent.

Nick Bosa is a significant part of the 49ers overall turn around. Getting that guy on that roster was a world of difference. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yeah, Young is the perfect combination of an elite talent at a position of need. He would single-handedly propel this defense forward, and would be the ideal compliment to Flowers.

From a short term perspective, I'd absolutely add in a 2nd if that was the only way to land him.

To me, it's the absolute cheapest cost to acquire the highest level of talent available. We have other guys on the roster that could be moved to acquire picks in the range of round 3 - 5. If you can eliminate any question marks on a prospect, it's well worth it. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Just spitballing but

Starts with #2 overall

Ends with #5, #27, Rd 2

I'd rather have Chase Young.  One potentially elite player is better than one great player and two good players.

35 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'd rather have Chase Young.  One potentially elite player is better than one great player and two good players.

The Redskins could feel they have far too many needs and can use the bounty of picks to make themselves a really good team. Maybe they're happy with Montez Sweat. Just spitballing ideals.