The only change we need maybe in the front office

DudeWhat???

14 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don’t think it’s vital to bring in a vet, but I wouldn’t mind it. Duck probably shouldn’t be on the roster. 

yeah..I don't think we have cap room to bring in a top level back-up. we'll most likley see them bring in some youngish journeyman type QB that can take some preseason reps

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Let me ask a question I hope we dont have to answer.

IF Ben cant come back, should we prioritize someone like Andy Dalton?

yeah

I think they can have a good 3ish yr window with Dalton at QB. honestly I think I rather have Dalton at a cheaper deal than a 38 yr old ben coming off elbow surgery making 30+ mil a yr

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Let me ask a question I hope we dont have to answer.

IF Ben cant come back, should we prioritize someone like Andy Dalton?

I was never a fan of Dalton, would rather have that ancient fitzmagic, or should we say ANOTHER fitzmagic :D.

NO  bungles allowed  on this team other than perhaps Lawson, but no others allowed.  If Ben can't return? He will, and if he actually "can't" play , he will get paid and we will be out a QB once again. This is why some teams won't keep an old QB, they might get hurt and also mightn't heal as well as someone i their mid 20's

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I think Daltons career has been wasted. It was always AJ and a bunch of guys with a poor OL.

Its still a poor OL with Tyler Boyd and a bunch of guys. Thst team has never made a strong effort to succeed.

If he is a steelers, he won't have AJ green,  but will still have the mediocre OL, no run game  and a bunch of guys, some of which can't stay on the field.

If pouncey retires, gets cut, then maybe Dalton and Green could be an option, not a bad option actually. Green would be a target in UFA, but as usual there is no cap space  to sign him and the injury is a concern

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

If he is a steelers, he won't have AJ green,  but will still have the mediocre OL, no run game  and a bunch of guys, some of which can't stay on the field.

If pouncey retires, gets cut, then maybe Dalton and Green could be an option, not a bad option actually. Green would be a target in UFA, but as usual there is no cap space  to sign him and the injury is a concern

I disagree. We have a running game but the people within it have to stay healthy. Changes need to happen on the OL, not major changes but some.

We have really good WRs. Dalton isnt gonna become an HOFer by signing with us but he would be an excellent choice as a backup 

Though I could see him ending up in Miami or TB

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I disagree. We have a running game but the people within it have to stay healthy. Changes need to happen on the OL, not major changes but some.

We have really good WRs. Dalton isnt gonna become an HOFer by signing with us but he would be an excellent choice as a backup 

Though I could see him ending up in Miami or TB

we don't have a run game most of the time and Connor can't stay healthy and most of all our OC is terrible, and that ain't changing.  Changes to the OL need to happen, but will they and for the better? Good luck with all that for next season, because pouncey will be back yet probably not as good or healthy. Then foster too, and then the OC and ben calling the offence his way. Just a lost cause unless you like pass happy and a useless run game 

4 hours ago, wwhickok said:

We still don't know what Pounceys knee injury is. They've not disclosed that. Part of me thinks there is a retirement possibility there.

when he couldn't walk on it, that wasn't good for him but also the team making him walk on it instead of using the cart. I mean, did they have the same cart there as they has at hines field when Mason went down? Maybe the nfl could make a rule where players are carted off just in case the injury is serious.

I didn't know the steelers can keep injury info secretive 9_9 Al Michaels and his comment way back rings again.

Even if pouncey has ACL tear, he won't be ready for about a year so if thats the case,  they will be down 1 OL like it or not. No point rushing a player back so they can reinsure and spend another 9 months in rehab like many others have in the past.  I would expect the league will inquire about the injury eventually, maybe by mid summer we will know