BA's postgame interview

bucsfan333

Not a lot of warm fuzzies from BA toward Winston in that interview. One reporter asked, "Is Winston fixable?" BA said, "I'll have to evaluate that." BA just sounded generally noncommital about Winston being here next year. Jameis is truly one of the most enigmatic players I've ever seen. From play to play, you just don't know what's going to happen.

• Like 1

Yeah I don’t think he knows yet what they will do. Part of the struggle I think is he wants it to work with Jameis and came here partially cuz of him. Also doesn’t want to have to train a rookie or get a bridge QB. But at the end of the day, like he said, they can’t and will not have these many turnovers again.

Alright, here s the money quote from BA on the Jameis evaluation 

"How much of an impact will possible FA Qbs or in the draft effect Jameis evaluation?"

Answer " It will have a huge impact".  

If he doesn t paint Jameis in a more positive light heading into the offseason at the yr end presser. I think he is done.  Wow, SMH.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Alright, here s the money quote from BA on the Jameis evaluation 

"How much of an impact will possible FA Qbs or in the draft effect Jameis evaluation?"

Answer " It will have a huge impact".  

If he doesn t paint Jameis in a more positive light heading into the offseason at the yr end presser. I think he is done.  Wow, SMH.

I thought that part of the PC was interesting as well. But that’s just BA being BA. There are a lot of QB prospects but if you don’t really like one and think he can be the franchise (while somehow still keeping, paying and starting Jameis) why do you make a move up for a guy? 

I think scouts will be looking at the 2021 QB class when this evaluation is done as well. Because if Jameis gets the tag and balls with low INTs, great (tho I’d still be nervous because history says he’ll revert back) but if initial scouting reports look better for the 2021 QB class just ride Jameis one more year then trade everything next season for a “better” QB prospect if you need to.

11 hours ago, Calibucsfan said:

I think franchise tag is the best move.

Give Winston one more chance to prove it. It was his first year in another new system. If he repeats and can't control INT's, he is done.

I think the Glazers have too much invested in Winston to just let him walk unless there was an Andrew Luck like prospect staring at them. Right or wrong, you could have a lot worse, take Mariota in this offense for example. That human aspect of decision making makes me think Jameis is back on a 1 yr deal.