Browns fire HC Eddie Kitchens and GM John Dorsey

RaidersAreOne

10 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Best part is the mental gymnastics Browns fans have to jump through to appear to support their teams' decisions every single offseason lol.

Literally the last few weeks Browns fans have been pounding the Dorsey table in regards to how incompetent Freddie was. "John gave Freddie a team with enough talent that with even an AVERAGE coach should have won 10 games. Freddie is garbage".

Now that he's been fired, 80% of that forum is celebrating, im sure.

Just like they were telling skeptics of the Freddie hire last offseason that we were wrong and of course it was a great hire because of his relationship with Baker.

It has to be truly, truly exhausting keeping up with the rotating spread sheets of who to blame, pump up, etc. every offseason.

The one thing we can all agree on is that we can't stand the Ravens  :D   

(although, I do believe that despite the move, Art Modell should be in the HOF because of his actions at turning TV into such a cash cow for the league.)  

• Like 1

Dorsey was always a short sighted move. He's the equivalent of the coordinator who sucked as a HC. He's a good talent evaluator but sucks at every other part of the job. Egomanic and power hungry who alienates everyone else in the organization. Hired Kitchens mostly because he could maintain his power in the organization. Poor cap management and with trades (so many assets and cap space that these problems haven't hit yet). Part of his "talent prowess" is literally ignoring character issues, which gets passed along to the coaching staff. His draft record will always make him look like a better GM than he is, he needs to pull a Jeff Ireland and just accept a scouting department lead role or consulting gig like McCloughan.

1 minute ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

The one thing we can all agree on is that we can't stand the Ravens  :D   

(although, I do believe that despite the move, Art Modell should be in the HOF because of his actions at turning TV into such a cash cow for the league.)  

Should probably be in from that perspective for sure, but i think so many people are still so bitter about the move that i just can't see him getting in until like 2090 lol.

Honestly the best thing for Art's chances are probably for the Browns to win a super bowl so people in Cleveland with HOF voting sway stop demonizing him and can move on with their lives after a 3 year absence of football. 

So maybe somewhere Art is actually rooting for you guys, haha.

• Like 1

Just now, Ray Reed said:

Should probably be in from that perspective for sure, but i think so many people are still so bitter about the move that i just can't see him getting in until like 2090 lol.

Honestly the best thing for Art's chances are probably for the Browns to win a super bowl so people in Cleveland with HOF voting sway stop demonizing him and can move on with their lives after a 3 year absence of football. 

So maybe somewhere Art is actually rooting for you guys, haha.

Hadn't thought of it from that vantage point before.  You might be right.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Dorsey was always a short sighted move. He's the equivalent of the coordinator who sucked as a HC. He's a good talent evaluator but sucks at every other part of the job. Egomanic and power hungry who alienates everyone else in the organization. Hired Kitchens mostly because he could maintain his power in the organization. Poor cap management and with trades (so many assets and cap space that these problems haven't hit yet). Part of his "talent prowess" is literally ignoring character issues, which gets passed along to the coaching staff. His draft record will always make him look like a better GM than he is, he needs to pull a Jeff Ireland and just accept a scouting department lead role or consulting gig like McCloughan.

2019: 32mil

2020: 51.7mil

2021: 134mil

2022: 285mil

Let me know when this "poor cap management" and "cap space problems" kicks in.