Browns fire HC Eddie Kitchens and GM John Dorsey

RaidersAreOne

12 hours ago, Forge said:

And he's probably going to get a bunch more from actually spewing it if it gains any real traction just in terms of going viral. 

To be fair, Ben Allbright also said that there was a lot of behind the scenes stuff that he hoped would see the light of day. In addition to that, Charles Robinson tweeted today that the major reason this didnt work out is because Haslem realized you cant have 2 sides pulling in different directions between analytics and football. 

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Yikes, this sounds terrible.  What HC would be good with this, and what the heck is a Chief Strategy Officer?

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/01/mike-mccarthy-is-the-browns-1st-interview-on-thursday-a-pairing-with-eliot-wolf-being-considered.html

Teams already do this, not using analytics is living in the Stone Age.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Teams already do this, not using analytics is living in the Stone Age.

Of course teams use analytics.  The suggestion in the article seemed to be that Depodesta wanted be actively involved in weekly game planning and play selection.  

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

If turning over the HC search

He’s been a part of the last two and recommended McDermott over Hue and Stefanski over Freddie, so maybe we should listen a little more.

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

and future game planning to a MLB analytics guy with 4 years in the NFL makes sense to CLE fans, more power to you.

What not though?

He wasn’t a “baseball guy” but more or less changed how people scout and how teams are built.  Why can’t he do that in the NFL?

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Let’s hope. He and Shurmur as the OC with Berry as the GM is my hope.

No disrespect to Brown's fans....but I hope the organization screws it up again. I can feel and understand your pain.....but you've gotta understand the constant dysfunction of the Brown's organization has become "Can you believe they did this?" addictive. I dont know what I'd do with myself if they figured out how to fly right :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Leader said:

No disrespect to Brown's fans....but I hope the organization screws it up again. I can feel and understand your pain.....but you've gotta understand the constant dysfunction of the Brown's organization has become "Can you believe they did this?" addictive. I dont know what I'd do with myself if they figured out how to fly right :)

Oh no, I get it.

The issue has been Haslam, entirely.  He pairs GM’s and coaches with differing approaches who aren’t accountable to one another.  It’s an absolute mess from the top down.

DePo is smart enough to hire competent people if Truck Stop Jimmy would just shut up and get out of the way.  If they don’t give his group 3-4 years, the NFL needs to step in and remove Haslam tbh, he’s incompetent to the point of it being bad for the league.

• Like 5