Browns fire HC Eddie Kitchens and GM John Dorsey

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Should have just hired McCathy last year. But I also get why they hired Kitchens after what happened with the Colts and Arians, and Falcons and Shanahan. Didn't want to let a potential offensive guru leave like they did.

Both those guys had substantially stronger resumes with greater sample-sizes than Kitchens did.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Still though. After one season? I get they were bad, but people were questioning this before the season even started. I mean that doesn't scream job security to the next guy youre trying to hire. 

Security for at least 2 years. No way they fire the next guy after year 1 in back to back years

He was so out of his league here. Game management/clock management was terrible. Play calling and utilizing talent was also terrible. I commend the browns for making the quick choice as he was out of his element much or most of the season. Didn’t hold onto him long as they didn’t Hue when the writing was on the wall. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Both those guys had substantially stronger resumes with greater sample-sizes than Kitchens did.

They both did have larger sample sizes. But they also had more mixed results until their last year before leaving to become head coaches.    Steeler fans hated Arians play calling and I remember the Browns and Falcon fans (before 2016) not caring for Kyle's play calling either.

Edited by Xenos

7 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Still though. After one season? I get they were bad, but people were questioning this before the season even started. I mean that doesn't scream job security to the next guy youre trying to hire. 

He was grossly incompetent. So far in over his head. I don't think there was a roster in the NFL he could have had a winning record with.

13 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Yup. And they can’t justify keeping the next guy if he’s right around where Freddie was. They’re giving in to pressure of the irrational fans and media. 

Now Baker is going into his 3rd system in as many years and the next head coach has immense pressure on him.

11 minutes ago, Xenos said:

They both did have larger sample sizes. But they also had more mixed results until their last year before leaving to become head coaches.    Steeler fans hated Arians play calling and I remember the Browns and Falcon fans (before 2016) not caring for Kyle's play calling either.

I trust my own eyes more than I do the words of fans, particularly where their own teams are concerned.  We're all, to some degree, overtly bias where our own teams are concerned.  And statistically speaking, it's like less than 80+% of NFL fans aren't openly critical of their offensive coordinators, and that's a conservative observation.  It's grass-is-always-greener syndrome.

• Like 1