Put your name to the one coach you want.

hornbybrown

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t think it’s controversial, I just think you’re oversimplify a complex situation.

It’s easy to give a description of the perfect candidate, much harder to actually name that guy, with certainty.

You’re dumping all over everyone else’s preference without stating a preference of your own, specifically, just characteristics.

It is easier to give a description than name the guy.

I would think though that Billionaires with almost unlimited people, material, and monetary resources could utilize an approach that unearths those rare gems/people that I, you, and others couldn't.

I don't think I've "dumped over everyone else's preferences without stating my own, specifically just characteristics" at all.

It is accurate to say however that I've stated my own preferences in long post that people don't pay attention to or care to read, but I've listed many names in the past (i.e., college coaches and special teams coordinators) and even listed my current desired candidates in this very thread earlier in in the thread's creation (See below). My list has a lot of the same people on it others have except I came back to my list and crossed Josh McDaniels b/c of new information that I happen to trust,

I have also talked about qualifications and characteristics mainly because of my desire that we look for characteristics in every place possible as opposed to finding who the top OCs/DCs in the league are currently and deciding to interview them.

That's all man.

It is what it is.

22 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Necessary Qualifications:

1.) Successful Winning Program/Habits/Culture Builder 

2.) Ability to Hire an Elite QB Coach and Staff and coach the heck out of the Coaches

3.) Elite Motivator & Visionary

4.) Ability to Develop and hold Star Players accountable

5.) Experienced Head Coach Not just a hot name coordinator

-------

Hire whoever best satisfies the above attributes/conditions:

1.) Urban Meyer IF -- Paired with an Elite QB Coach with OC upside, an Elite OC that can develop a system of successors, and Elite DC 

2.) Ron Rivera IF --  Paired with an Elite QB Coach with OC upside, an Elite OC that can develop a system of successors, and Elite DC 

3.) Josh McDaniels IF -- Paired with an Elite QB Coach with OC upside, an Elite OC that can develop a system of successors, and Elite DC   

4.) Jim Harbaugh IF -- Paired with an Elite QB Coach with OC upside, an Elite OC that can develop a system of successors, and Elite DC 

5.) Mike McCarthy IF --Paired with an Elite QB Coach with OC upside, an Elite OC that can develop a system of successors, and Elite DC 

6.) Matt Rhule IF --  Paired with an Elite QB Coach with OC upside, an Elite OC that can develop a system of successors, and Elite DC 

7.) College HC or NFL Special Teams Coach with the Above listed qualifications

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

It is easier to give a description than name the guy.

I would think though that Billionaires with almost unlimited people, material, and monetary resources could utilize an approach that unearths those rare gems/people that I, you, and others couldn't.

I don't think I've "dumped over everyone else's preferences without stating my own, specifically just characteristics" at all.

It is accurate to say however that I've stated my own preferences in long post that people don't pay attention to or care to read, but I've listed many names in the past (i.e., college coaches and special teams coordinators) and even listed my current desired candidates in this very thread earlier in in the thread's creation (See below). My list has a lot of the same people on it others have except I came back to my list and crossed Josh McDaniels b/c of new information that I happen to trust,

I have also talked about qualifications and characteristics mainly because of my desire that we look for characteristics in every place possible as opposed to finding who the top OCs/DCs in the league are currently and deciding to interview them.

That's all man.

It is what it is.

I mean your list is names paired with qualifiers like “elite coaches” at multiple positions.

I could be a HC with an “elite OC, elite QB coach with OC upside and elite DC”.

If that’s your ask, you are either delusional or unsure of the definition of elite.

Not even trying to be a jerk...

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean your list is names paired with qualifiers like “elite coaches” at multiple positions.

I could be a HC with an “elite OC, elite QB coach with OC upside and elite DC”.

If that’s your ask, you are either delusional or unsure of the definition of elite.

Not even trying to be a jerk...

I never said you were.

I paired what I thought were good HC candidates with a QB coach, Offensive Coordinator, and Defensive Coordinator being "elite" in a more functional sense of the word as in the top echelon of a given position or being of very high quality.

I don't think however that it is too much to ask for this Franchise to find at least 1 out of 3 of those core assistants (QBC, OC, DC) as "elite" or of very high quality or maybe even 2 of 3. They are on the market and can be elevated.

Why can't we seek an elite QB coach for Baker or at least 1 of 2 OCs/DCs being of very high quality or elite.

Wade Phillips would be an elite or of very high quality DC.  Mike Kafka, Joe Lombardi, Greg Knapp, etc. They are all on the market should we so choose to elevate them. In NFL circles, they and others like them are thought to be in the top echelon of coaches at their positions.

If I subbed out the word elite and instead said, HC: Matt Rhule IF paired with, QBC with OC Responsibilities: Mike Kafka, OC: Joe Lombardi; DC: Wade Phillips ... I could've done that instead but my point was more about pairing a solid head coach candidate with heading coaching experience with assistants thought to be in the top echelon of what they do. 

58 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Won’t happen, but give me 

Josh Mcd

Joe Brady

Kris Richard

I like joe Brady and had amazing season this year but I don’t know about making that jump to the NFL just yet

offensive assistant for the saints for 2 years and the passing game coordinator for one season at LSU. 

very young and still very raw

Just now, buno67 said:

I like joe Brady and had amazing season this year but I don’t know about making that jump to the NFL just yet

offensive assistant for the saints for 2 years and the passing game coordinator for one season at LSU. 

In that scenario he’s have a helluva resource in McDaniels to help him grow.

18 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I think he’s a special play caller, and I don’t want to miss out. 

my ideal is 

Caldwell

Joe Brady

Any 43 coordinator

48 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I think he’s a special play caller, and I don’t want to miss out. 

my ideal is 

Caldwell

Joe Brady

Any 43 coordinator

Special player caller after one season and only working with one QB? I don’t know man I would need more than that before I’m calling him special. At least with Shanny he made RGIII look godly before injury, made hoyer and crow look good, and made Ryan and Atlanta look elite. That’s special ability. Need more before we crown Brady that

4 hours ago, DawgX said:

Ultimately, there's no candidate who I would absolutely love, but there's certainly some I would straight up dislike. With Rivera gone, I think my top three choices are McDaniels, McCarthy and Stefanski in no particular order. There's things about all three guys to get excited about, but also things that should give anyone caution.

A guy like Lincoln Riley would obviously be an exciting hire, but I straight up don't think that's gonna happen. He'll either take the Dallas job or stay at Oklahoma.

Unless the thought of Being with Baker again entice’s him but Baker doesn’t need a friend as head coach his needs a hard arse 

• Like 1