Put your name to the one coach you want.

hornbybrown

I cannot see us hiring another coach with no head coaching experience. I would be amazed if they do.  Having said that, I think that Rivera is probably gone. McCarthy has the experience, is offensive-minded, and has coached in big game situations. He may not be the hire, but he may be what they need. At least he is proven. Remember, KC gave Reid a shot after a bad ending in Philly. The one name that has NFL head experience, Cleveland ties, is defensive-minded, and no one is talking about, is Jim Schwartz. 

I do not think I want a new coach again. Other than Hue and Mangini, that’s ALL we’ve hired. I just have a bad feeling about McDaniels-Denver, NE tree, Indy, etc. I’ll pass. DePodesta liked Stefanski, but again, experience?  Now, a college coach?  Kingsbury looks like he has it. Matt Ruhle?  Maybe Lincoln Reilly after losing by 90 on Saturday is more willing to jump?  

I just can’t help but think that a proven, experienced NFL head coach is our safest and best bet. After all these years of suck, I’d take it. Give me McCarthy. I’d take Green Bay’s success during his tenure in a heartbeat. 

23 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

McDaniels is to head coaching what Baker is to QBs.

Gimme some grumpy old dude that people fear and respect.

Baker needs a coach who has dealt with bigger fish.

freddie owed his job to Baker. At least with the like McDaniels, McCarthy, and Rivera. They have dealt with better QBs and bigger egos, where makes it dealing with Baker even easier

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Wouldn’t hate it. 

I would absolutely hate! Only way I would like that is if Harbs was able to bring Roman and Vic with him. Guys he owed a lot of his success too. They both have gone on to find success, Harbs not so much

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

I cannot see us hiring another coach with no head coaching experience. I would be amazed if they do.  Having said that, I think that Rivera is probably gone. McCarthy has the experience, is offensive-minded, and has coached in big game situations. He may not be the hire, but he may be what they need. At least he is proven. Remember, KC gave Reid a shot after a bad ending in Philly. The one name that has NFL head experience, Cleveland ties, is defensive-minded, and no one is talking about, is Jim Schwartz

I do not think I want a new coach again. Other than Hue and Mangini, that’s ALL we’ve hired. I just have a bad feeling about McDaniels-Denver, NE tree, Indy, etc. I’ll pass. DePodesta liked Stefanski, but again, experience?  Now, a college coach?  Kingsbury looks like he has it. Matt Ruhle?  Maybe Lincoln Reilly after losing by 90 on Saturday is more willing to jump?  

I just can’t help but think that a proven, experienced NFL head coach is our safest and best bet. After all these years of suck, I’d take it. Give me McCarthy. I’d take Green Bay’s success during his tenure in a heartbeat. 

Beat me to it on Schwartz. I'd like that.

What would every one think about a GGG return if he would he agreeable to it?

Necessary Qualifications:

1.) Successful Winning Program/Habits/Culture Builder 

2.) Ability to Hire an Elite QB Coach and Staff and coach the heck out of the Coaches

3.) Elite Motivator & Visionary

4.) Ability to Develop and hold Star Players accountable

5.) Experienced Head Coach Not just a hot name coordinator

-------

Hire whoever best satisfies the above attributes/conditions:

1.) Urban Meyer IF -- Paired with an Elite QB Coach with OC upside, an Elite OC that can develop a system of successors, and Elite DC 

2.) Ron Rivera IF --  Paired with an Elite QB Coach with OC upside, an Elite OC that can develop a system of successors, and Elite DC 

3.) Josh McDaniels IF -- Paired with an Elite QB Coach with OC upside, an Elite OC that can develop a system of successors, and Elite DC   

4.) Jim Harbaugh IF -- Paired with an Elite QB Coach with OC upside, an Elite OC that can develop a system of successors, and Elite DC 

5.) Mike McCarthy IF --Paired with an Elite QB Coach with OC upside, an Elite OC that can develop a system of successors, and Elite DC 

6.) Matt Rhule IF --  Paired with an Elite QB Coach with OC upside, an Elite OC that can develop a system of successors, and Elite DC 

Edited by Mind Character

3 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Beat me to it on Schwartz. I'd like that.

What would every one think about a GGG return if he would he agreeable to it?

Schwartz is a bad fit for this roster. None of the discipline issues would be fixed. He let the Lions run absolutely wild.

I think he would have been great for us 2 years ago but nows not the time, not with this roster.

• Like 2