Put your name to the one coach you want.

hornbybrown

28 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Necessary Qualifications:

1.) Successful Winning Program/Habits/Culture Builder 

2.) Ability to Hire an Elite QB Coach and Staff and coach the heck out of the Coaches

3.) Elite Motivator & Visionary

4.) Ability to Develop and hold Star Players accountable

5.) Experienced Head Coach Not just a hot name coordinator

-------

Hire whoever best satisfies the above attributes/conditions:

1.) Urban Meyer IF -- Paired with an Elite QB Coach with OC upside, an Elite OC that can develop a system of successors, and Elite DC 

2.) Ron Rivera IF --  Paired with an Elite QB Coach with OC upside, an Elite OC that can develop a system of successors, and Elite DC 

3.) Josh McDaniels IF -- Paired with an Elite QB Coach with OC upside, an Elite OC that can develop a system of successors, and Elite DC   

4.) Jim Harbaugh IF -- Paired with an Elite QB Coach with OC upside, an Elite OC that can develop a system of successors, and Elite DC 

5.) Mike McCarthy IF --Paired with an Elite QB Coach with OC upside, an Elite OC that can develop a system of successors, and Elite DC 

6.) Matt Rhule IF --  Paired with an Elite QB Coach with OC upside, an Elite OC that can develop a system of successors, and Elite DC 

I was just coming in here to say that the QB coach we hire is almost as important as the HC. Baker has talent but he needs good coaching as does any young QB

• Like 1

Here are my top 5 candidates:

1). Josh McDaniels

2). Matt Rhule

3). Campbell (Iowa State)

4). Urban/Ron Rivera

5). Eric Bienemy.

I do not want McCarthy in any way shape or form.  He is about as creative as a blank piece of paper.  I don't want Lincoln Riley, Oklahoma runs a gimmic offense and has 0 defense.  I would take Harbaugh over Riley

• Like 1

I don't know how important it is really, just hire someone competent. I know many of you will disagree but I think Freddie needed fired as the OC not so much the HC. Obviously holding both positions mean if one is fired then both are but most of the issues were related to offensive playcalling. The butting heads with personalities has to happen, he tried to show his authority and I'm sure that needed to happen.

I'm more worried about the OC and DC. You certainly don't want Crennel in there with his blunders but most can handle the in game decisions without much issue. Most of us could for that matter, if we used our brains and not emotion.

So, I don't really care. Get a motivator in there because a lot of our players obviously need that.

Fix the O-Line
Hire right OC
Hire good DC with better run D scheme
Hire a motivating HC.

Those are my top 4 things in order that I think we need to do.

For all of you that think we need to hire a guy to stand up to Baker, I don't get it. Baker fell in line with Freddie. I would have changed playcalls if I were him and he didn't he did what the coach wanted. He just needs protection so he can go through normal progressions. Sure he needs coaching, all of our players do but you guys acting like he is a cancer either know something I don't or are just listening to Baker haters. You really don't want Garrett Gilbert or AJ McCarron back there. We have a guy who is passionate and has an excellent arm. Probably the first QB in my lifetime and I'm no spring chicken.

• Like 2

What's the story on Jay Gruden, anyone? Obviously Washington fired him, but I remember being impressed by his offenses. Always seemed to make more from less, especially with QB's.

Feel like Washington is just a bad gig altogether, but I don't know enough about the situation. 

Any thoughts?