Put your name to the one coach you want.

hornbybrown

45 minutes ago, Browns1987 said:

Unrealistic... Riley.

Semi unrealistic... Rhule.

I would go with Stefanski, just because DePodesta wants him and I trust this guy 100%. 

I could accept McDaniels, but will be very pissed if we hire McCarthy or Rivera.

Tayne's burner account? 🤔

Pretty much this. Add in Dabo at the top with Lincoln in the unlikelies.

If we don’t get Ron, I’d like Harbaugh. Old school mentality and proven track record. I have no idea if he and Baker can coexist, but Baker needs someone to keep him in check without completely breaking him.

Harbaugh and McDaniels are risky hires based off of that. TBH, if I was a candidate, I’d point blank ask the FO how tied they are to him if he refused to do things my way. I’m not alone there, I’d guarantee that.

19 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If we don’t get Ron, I’d like Harbaugh. Old school mentality and proven track record. I have no idea if he and Baker can coexist, but Baker needs someone to keep him in check without completely breaking him.

Harbaugh and McDaniels are risky hires based off of that. TBH, if I was a candidate, I’d point blank ask the FO how tied they are to him if he refused to do things my way. I’m not alone there, I’d guarantee that.

What is exactly the "pros" of an old school mentality to use it as a reason to hire someone?

If he was such a good coach, he could have at least beat OSU once. 

3 minutes ago, Browns1987 said:

What is exactly the "pros" of an old school mentality to use it as a reason to hire someone?

Culture: Ours sucks and has for 20 years 

Accountability: Meetings, doing your job and getting lined up properly, limiting dumb mental penalties, holding yourself and your teammates and the coaching staff to a standard

Being a professional: Yesterday it was obvious this team had given up, unlike other teams down the stretch like Cincinnati, Miami, the Jets, Cardinals, etc.

3 minutes ago, Browns1987 said:

If he was such a good coach, he could have at least beat OSU once. 

The dude turned SF around overnight and was a play away from winning the Super Bowl. He’s a legit NFL HC. 

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Accountability: Meetings, doing your job and getting lined up properly, limiting dumb mental penalties, holding yourself and your teammates and the coaching staff to a standard

Being a professional: Yesterday it was obvious this team had given up, unlike other teams down the stretch like Cincinnati, Miami, the Jets, Cardinals, etc.

So you think that "new school mentalities" dont have any accountability nor are professional? Funny that to you good cultures only exist with "old school mentalities".

You need to hire a good capable coach, old, new or middle school. Thats just bs.

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah this is stuff we need right now.

Christ, just the perception from the outside that we aren’t a total clown show would be great.

A lot of that is on the organization as much if not more than Freddie.  When the roster knows they have a lame duck coach, guys with guaranteed roster spots start making “business decisions”.

The dude turned SF around overnight and was a play away from winning the Super Bowl. He’s a legit NFL HC. 

This is true, but that SF roster was talented. 

Not sure why he’s failed so much at Michigan, but his schemes seem well suited for Baker and this offense in general.

My main issues with him are:

1.  He’s weird as all hell.

2. I think he’s perfect at Michigan and sticks around there forever.

• Like 1

Just now, Browns1987 said:

So you think that "new school mentalities" dont have any accountability nor are professional?
Funny that to you good cultures only exist with "old school mentalities".

Where did I say that? It depends on what a “new school” mentality is. Kitchens had a new school one whereas BB is as old school as you get. You want to argue about inverse semantics and I’m honestly not in the mood.

You need to hire a good capable coach, old, new or middle school.

So Rivera or Harbaugh both fit

Thats just bs.

Cool. 

Just now, MWil23 said:

Where did I say that? It depends on what a “new school” mentality is. Kitchens had a new school one whereas BB is as old school as you get. You want to argue about inverse semantics and I’m honestly not in the mood.

I asked you to list the "pros" of an old school mentality and thats what you listed. And what exactly was "new school" from Kitchens? 

Really funny how to choose extremes or good and bad coaches to use as examples. 

Hue was as old school as it gets. 

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah this is stuff we need right now.

Christ, just the perception from the outside that we aren’t a total clown show would be great.

The perception from us even as fans that know what’s going on is that they’re a clown show, let alone nationally! Haha!

A lot of that is on the organization as much if not more than Freddie.  When the roster knows they have a lame duck coach, guys with guaranteed roster spots start making “business decisions”.

I don’t disagree with this, but when many of the very guys who lobbied to have him there aren’t willing to show effort, especially vets, that’s a bad look all around. Guys on expiring contracts or easy outs like Randall and Hubbard, and Hubbard May have had the worst game I’ve ever seen from an effort standpoint from any OL I have ever seen yesterday.

This is true, but that SF roster was talented. 

When he came in, they seemed BAD and he developed it overnight and got some really young guys to play well instantly. He resurrected Alex Smith’s and Vernon Davis’s career and turned CK into a dynamic threat, while helping create a suffocating defense. The culture was also fantastic.

Not sure why he’s failed so much at Michigan, but his schemes seem well suited for Baker and this offense in general.

I agree. I also think he inherited a lousy roster and OSU is also that good. I’d argue there are really only 4-5 elite programs and then after that about 10-15 that on a given year can make some national noise in the “really good” tier like Florida, UM, Wisconsin, Auburn, Oregon, etc.

My main issues with him are:

1.  He’s weird as all hell.

He’s absolutely a strange dude! I have zero idea how him and Baker would get along. It would either be perfect or awful, but Baker needs challenged on some things. His gunslinger mindset and attitude needs curbed some without taking away his fire/competitive attitude. I think that’s why it would work with those two for that reason.

2. I think he’s perfect at Michigan and sticks around there forever.

I dont disagree, but also, Harbaugh would be a great break up for him at Michigan. Leave for an NFL job and 78 percent of the Michigan fan base would be fine with it because they realize it wouldn't be a messy departure ( good for both parties) then go to Cleveland and be there for some time. Get to coach against his brother. What a deal. 

• Like 1