Put your name to the one coach you want.

hornbybrown

The issues with Hue were similar to Freddie, both insisted on “their way” as opposed to the right way of learning or being flexible.  The consistent insistence to pound square pegs into round holes.

Freddie also failed because he was in over his head, plain and simple.

Hue failed because he threw players, coaches, mascots, fans, anyone possible under the bus and he lost the locker room. He also was stubborn and ran schemes in opposition to what the talent on the team dictated, as did Freddie.

7 minutes ago, Browns1987 said:

I asked you to list the "pros" of an old school mentality and thats what you listed.

Yes. Either read and respond to it or don’t. I don’t care. Patronizing me and condescending isn’t going to get you far though.

I don’t care who the coach is as long as the see some basic obvious things and work with that.

1. We are a run based offense.  With Chubb and Hunt, paired with a young QB still in need of a lot of work, this should be obvious.

2. Baker is an under center, play action, drop back passer.  Despite playing in the big 12, the empty set isn’t his thing.

3. Our OL as it stands needs some help, stop trying to block with just 5 OL and use the TE’s more.

4. For the love of god run press man with Ward and Greedy.

1 minute ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Best case scenario. Offensively has seen it all and has ran an offense that generally (other than the qb) has lesser talent than what the Browns currently have. When it comes to qb, has worked with the goat so there isn’t much he doesn’t know about the position. Much of the offense is about mentally winning presnap, then getting the ball out quickly. Which is obviously what Mayfield needs to succeed. Has a previous HC experience that was a disaster, which you would think means he would be aware of exactly what he did wrong.

Young, QB friendly, previous HC experience which stands him in good stead for his next go rather than being another Browns deer-in-the-headlights coach. Co-ordinated and won multiple SBs with the best qb.

Given the utter ineptitude of this organisation, I doubt you’ll get a better candidate who would want to coach here.

• Like 1

When he went to Denver, he came right in and got Jay Cutler trader as part of the power he was given. Just saying, some head coaches are going to be turned off by being tied to Baker Mayfield and will want some freedom to make their own decisions with how they start at QB. I’m not sure that will be allowed here in Cleveland though, so the search will be interesting. 

Not a likeable dude though. Man, from an outsiders perspective, we have some personalities already.

Just now, NateDawg said:

When he went to Denver, he came right in and got Jay Cutler trader as part of the power he was given. Just saying, some head coaches are going to be turned off by being tied to Baker Mayfield and will want some freedom to make their own decisions with how they start at QB. I’m not sure that will be allowed here in Cleveland though, so the search will be interesting. 

Not a likeable dude though. Man, from an outsiders perspective, we have some personalities already.

If we get a Vichy France HC in just to be a puppet for what the ownership/Dorsey want on the field, we might as well call it a day. You can’t win like that.

If it takes moving on from certain players to get a quality coach in through the door, so be it.

There’s not many players on this team, regardless of talent, that I see as indispensable.

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

His issues are not unique in that he’s a good coach who shouldn’t have control of the 53.

If you’re not interested in Baker, this win the job for you.  He’s here for the next few years undoubtably.

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

A power hungry coach who dismantled Denver, failed to recreate the Patriots 2.0 and then quit on the Colts, taking a giant dump all over accountability and professionalism/care for the coaches who were tied to him? What could possibly go wrong?

Lazy arse copy and pasting his post from News 😂