5 ups/downs on the 2019 steelers season

August4th

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

List them

Hahaha I knew you'd come back with that.  I'm not going to list them.  But seriously, he SUCKS.  Every year the team gets more and more undisciplined.  HE created the crap we had to put up with with Bell and Brown by giving them primadonna treatment.  Ben too for that matter from all reports I've read.  He's a loudmouth buffoon that is too busy being their buddy instead of keeping them in line.  

Just now, Magnus-Viktor said:

Hahaha I knew you'd come back with that.  I'm not going to list them.  But seriously, he SUCKS.  Every year the team gets more and more undisciplined.  HE created the crap we had to put up with with Bell and Brown by giving them primadonna treatment.  Ben too for that matter from all reports I've read.  He's a loudmouth buffoon that is too busy being their buddy instead of keeping them in line.  

Ok, give 32. Or how about 16?  Also, don't forget these have to be Coaches eligible for hire.  Not one's currently employed.  Good Luck. 

18 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Ok, give 32. Or how about 16?  Also, don't forget these have to be Coaches eligible for hire.  Not one's currently employed.  Good Luck. 

Bill Cowher, Mike Shanahan, Gary Kubiak, Wade Philips.  Ken Whisenhunt.  Mike Munchak.  I'd take them all over him in a heartbeat.  Hell I'd take Leslie Frazier over him as well.  He was a much better DC, and again in Buffalo his D is looking good.  Better than anything I've ever seen out of Tommy Boy.  He didn't look the best as a coach in MN, but he didn't have much to work with back then either.  NO QB.  We saw how good Tommy Boy's team was this year without a QB.  .500.  Frazier's Vikings teams, without half this much talent went 10-6 one season, with Christian Freaking Ponder and Matt Cassel at QB....this is a team that was 6-10 when he took over.  Tomlin took over a SB roster and had a HOF QB every season until now......what did he do without a QB?  Put out one of the worst offenses in the NFL.  He's had 3 seasons at 8-8 and one at 9-6-1, with the talent roster he inherited.  Without Ben to carry him, he's F'd if they don't get a stud QB to continue carrying his worthless butt.  I'd take the Vikings' OC over him as well, Stepanski or w/e his name is.  There are a LOT of them.  I want someone not proven to suck and let the inmates run the asylum as he clearly did with Bell and Brown, and how the team has become more and more undisciplined EVERY year.  He's a joke.  I'm done with this topic.  We're not going to agree and I have better things to do with my time than argue about that scrub.

1 hour ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

Bill Cowher, Mike Shanahan, Gary Kubiak, Wade Philips.  Ken Whisenhunt.  Mike Munchak.  I'd take them all over him in a heartbeat.  Hell I'd take Leslie Frazier over him as well.  He was a much better DC, and again in Buffalo his D is looking good.  Better than anything I've ever seen out of Tommy Boy.  He didn't look the best as a coach in MN, but he didn't have much to work with back then either.  NO QB.  We saw how good Tommy Boy's team was this year without a QB.  .500.  Frazier's Vikings teams, without half this much talent went 10-6 one season, with Christian Freaking Ponder and Matt Cassel at QB....this is a team that was 6-10 when he took over.  Tomlin took over a SB roster and had a HOF QB every season until now......what did he do without a QB?  Put out one of the worst offenses in the NFL.  He's had 3 seasons at 8-8 and one at 9-6-1, with the talent roster he inherited.  Without Ben to carry him, he's F'd if they don't get a stud QB to continue carrying his worthless butt.  I'd take the Vikings' OC over him as well, Stepanski or w/e his name is.  There are a LOT of them.  I want someone not proven to suck and let the inmates run the asylum as he clearly did with Bell and Brown, and how the team has become more and more undisciplined EVERY year.  He's a joke.  I'm done with this topic.  We're not going to agree and I have better things to do with my time than argue about that scrub.

Well that's only 8 (if I counted right) and most (if not all) are HIGHLY debatable.  I don't understand the "hire old washed up and/or retired coach" strategy. 

Edited by Chieferific
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Well that's only 8 (if I counted right) and most (if not all) are HIGHLY debatable.  I don't understand the "hire old washed up and/or retired coach" strategy. 

I'd take Clemson's coach for damn sure.  Probably LSU's as well.  There's a long list that I don't care to name all of them. 

Your list wasn't who was better, it was who I'd take over him.  I'd take my old old high school football coach, who has to be close to 75 years old and been retired for 10-15 years, over him.  At least he had discipline.  That's seriously how bad I think Tommy Boy is.  He's a joke.

On 1/6/2020 at 11:30 PM, Magnus-Viktor said:

There are 160 coaches better, not just 16.  He's pathetic.

Are you serious with this? There isnt even 10 coaches better than Tomlin in this league imo. But that...160...might be the dumbest thing I've seen anyone say inside the Steelers Sub-Forum...no...on this site...no...on the internet in quite some time.

54 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'll take that a step further. Imo, there are 2 coaches in the NFL better than Tomlin.

Sean Payton & Bill Belichick.

Perhaps you could make arguement for guys like McDermott or McVay, but I dont think they're better than Tomlin.

I wouldn't put Payton over tomlin. their on the field results are identical

to me its

1. Bill

2-6 are interchangeable between Tomlin, Carol, Harbaugh, Payton, Reid. I need to see more yrs from Mcvay, Peterson, Shanny etc...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, August4th said:

I wouldn't put Payton over tomlin. their on the field results are identical

to me its

1. Bill

2-6 are interchangeable between Tomlin, Carol, Harbaugh, Payton, Reid. I need to see more yrs from Mcvay, Peterson, Shanny etc...

mean I agree with you about Payton. But imo, Harbaugh, Carol arent better either. Total system coaches.

6 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I'll take that a step further. Imo, there are 2 coaches in the NFL better than Tomlin.

Sean Payton & Bill Belichick.

Perhaps you could make arguement for guys like McDermott or McVay, but I dont think they're better than Tomlin.

it's not a sure decision since the rosters and schedules are different.