News and Notes: Cowboys Not in Playoffs Edition

Matts4313

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

So if I’m reading it right DLaw is attempting to trademark Hot Boyz.  I have no words to describe how lame this is. It goes beyond disgusting to me. 

🙄🙄 how pathetic 🙄🙄 until proven otherwise, they need to be rebranded as hot trash!!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Need to be more concerned about tackling than a stupid F'ing nickname they have no business adopting. Idiots.

So petty especially since they’re sitting at home while the Niners are in the Super Bowl. 

Screw the stupid nickname and get to work on doing what you need to do to win games and get to the Super Bowl.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

So if I’m reading it right DLaw is attempting to trademark Hot Boyz.  I have no words to describe how lame this is. It goes beyond disgusting to me. 

My understanding was he already did and hes trying to block the Niners use of two Zs. 

Obviously it seems ridiculous to us as fans as one player is trying to block another player (who happens to be getting ready for a Super Bowl)....but this is business for him, not football so how can anyone be upset by this? If anyone here ran a side business outside of their normal jobs and someone else tries to use essentially the same name they would do the same exact thing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, acowboys62 said:

My understanding was he already did and hes trying to block the Niners use of two Zs. 

Obviously it seems ridiculous to us as fans as one player is trying to block another player (who happens to be getting ready for a Super Bowl)....but this is business for him, not football so how can anyone be upset by this? If anyone here ran a side business outside of their normal jobs and someone else tries to use essentially the same name they would do the same exact thing. 

Still stupid. They make enough money. Shouldn't have the stupid nickname anyway. It hasn't and probably will not catch on.

20 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

While I agree in principle - the man is also merchandising this stuff. I have no problem with him getting his.

1 hour ago, HDsportsfan said:

Still stupid. They make enough money. Shouldn't have the stupid nickname anyway. It hasn't and probably will not catch on.

But why is it stupid if he is trying to make additional money and leverage his position/fame? While I agree nicknames in general are not something I care for, especially when the group is not particularly good, but he is making money off of it. I know I am not making any extra side money by merchandising anything so clearly a lot smarter than me.  

7 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Win some frickin games and forget that idiot nonsense!

Yep.

@acowboys62...….what Dave said above. He needs to concentrate on making himself better as a defensive player, being a leader, and overall making HIS defense better. That's where is efforts should be. He'll make a lot more money if the whole team is successful than he will off of that dumba$$ nickname. It's not even a good one. I probably wouldn't be throwing as much shade if it was at least a good nickname.

Edited by HDsportsfan

6 hours ago, acowboys62 said:

And, I get this and am not really blaming him per se.  The problem is the Hot Boyz aren't very good, and haven't done anything to speak of that warrants a moniker. Then lawyering up over the nickname you've anointed to a mediocre defense just doesn't carry any water with me. H

But, hey maybe Nolan/Tomsula will right the ship and a year from now we'll be talking about how awesome the Hot Boyz were....or least everyone else will as the nickname is still lame af imo.

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I agree with TO7. Making money off a side hustle is an American right and you all are silly communist. And dont give me that "product quality" crap

Hot Boyz blows. It is to Dallas Cowboys football what New Coke was to Coca Cola. It's crap. If DLaw wants to pitch crap, so be. In the mean time, I'll laugh at him for it. 

• Like 1