News and Notes: Cowboys Not in Playoffs Edition

Matts4313

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’ve been a millionaire for zero days that I’ve pet my dogs. Frickin’ puppies, stopping me from being super rich

Only that has nothing to do with anything, where effectively running the ball helps teams win. Nice try, though.

Oh, look! Only Matts liked that post. Hmm, wonder why.

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

You still dont understand what I said. Its extremely pathetic because I know you are smart.

Oh, I understand exactly what you said, but completely disagree with it because decades of case history disproves your point. As I’ve said multiple times, if NFL teams believed that crap, the running game would go away completely. Instead, they go the opposite direction and EMPHASIZE how important it is. But hey, what do coaches, former coaches, players, former players, scouts and analysts know compared to you?

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Only that has nothing to do with anything, where effectively running the ball helps teams win. Nice try, though.

Oh, look! Only Matts liked that post. Hmm, wonder why.

There’s an interesting and intelligent conversation to be had about the value of running the football. 

But that conversation starts at a basic understanding of the difference between correlation and causation. 

The titans are the greatest example of running the football and controlling the close with solid defensive play wins games. I am one who believes a running game is the key to wins. It worked in 2014. It worked in 2016. Our best years this decade. I even with the emergence of Daks play this year still thought we needed to win games by running the ball. Zeke was very underutilized this year and it showed every single 4th quarter in garbage time trying to come back.

51 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

There’s an interesting and intelligent conversation to be had about the value of running the football. 

But that conversation starts at a basic understanding of the difference between correlation and causation. 

Yes, and it proves that “a passing league” is not what wins championships. Running the football, playing good defense, and controlling the clock does. So, thanks for proving my point.

If passing the ball was the key to winning, then Dallas, Tampa Bay, and both Los Angeles teams would have made the playoffs. None did.

Edited by plan9misfit

5 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Geez...Texans tearing the Chief's a new one. Who woulda think Titans and Texans in the AFC champ game.

It’s as if the chiefs are using the cowboys playbook so far.  Poor special teams?  Check.  Dropped passes?  Check.  Defense bending but still breaking?  Check.

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

Yes, and it proves that “a passing league” is not what wins championships. Running the football, playing good defense, and controlling the clock does. So, thanks for proving my point.

If passing the ball was the key to winning, then Dallas, Tampa Bay, and both Los Angeles teams would have made the playoffs. None did.

Lol wut