News and Notes: Cowboys Not in Playoffs Edition

Matts4313

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I thought so! I sent him a message on Twitter asking if he was Mav from football's future. 

He did not respond. I guess he is to big to slum with his old crew now.

I don't know how many of you guys remember this. But probably 10 years ago after a Sunday night game Mav was on the forum. He was working behind the scenes of a late night talk radio show. I'm not even sure it was a sports show, could have been, just not sure. I think he screened the calls before handing them off. Anyway I remember he was so bored he gave the few of us that "were in the room" the number to the call line. I ended up calling it for Sh*ts and Grins and spoke with him for about a minute. I don't even remember what the hell the short conversation was about. Ha.....who knew then he'd become somewhat of a local sports reporting celebrity. Good on him.

I actually miss him posting. His posts were always well thought out and very informative.

Edited by HDsportsfan
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I thought so! I sent him a message on Twitter asking if he was Mav from football's future. 

He did not respond. I guess he is to big to slum with his old crew now.

Hes done pretty well for a chiefs fan (if that don't date me on this forum idk what will.)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Don't we usually? We already got rid of two of our worst drafters JG and RM. So our averages should in theory only get better.

What I mean is, we had a tendency to pass on good players for ones who were more of a scheme fit at times. 

• Like 1