Matts4313

News and Notes: Cowboys Not in Playoffs Edition

On 1/7/2020 at 6:36 PM, textaz03 said:

hmmm interesting 

I hate this Mike Fisher garbage. He'll speak in riddles that basically say "I know something juicy, but I'm not going to tell you about it."

36 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Sigh....another Delpit to Dallas. Make it stop. 

Do you not like Delpit, or are you just bored of it?

53 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Sigh....another Delpit to Dallas. Make it stop. 

17 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

He doesn't like Delpit but I do. If we are serious about our safeties being ballhawks...

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

56 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Just not a fan.  

https://www.pff.com/news/college-pff-50-the-top-50-ncaa-players-for-2019

25. GRANT DELPIT, S, LSU

If it weren't for missed tackles, Delpit could be even higher on this list as he has plus-grades in run-defense, pass-rush and especially in coverage. He's recorded the nation's second-most pressures at the safety position as he brought in 13 on just 39 blitz attempts while making 22 defensive stops. In coverage, Delpit has made 19 total plays on the ball over the past two seasons including six interceptions while he drastically improved his coverage grade from Year 1 to Year 2. He didn't allow a reception longer than 32 yards in 2018 and saw just a 57.3 passer rating as the primary coverage defender. The aforementioned missed tackle woes aside (16 MT on 81 attempts), SEC quarterbacks should expect to see and hear a lot of Delpit this season.

He was credited with another 22 missed tackles this season according to Dane Bruglar. I also read somewhere that he was near the top in missed tackles his FR year as well, but don't remember the site. So this plagued him every year.
 Assuming his attempts this season are on par with 2018, he's missing at about a 20% clip.  Not ideal for a team that just led the league in that category overall and I believe Heath and Woods were near the top positional as well.... I know Heath was in 2018. 

To be fair, the aforementioned article also said many of the same things PFF did about his coverage,etc, so obviously there are terrific aspects to his game as well. I just can't get past the missed tackles at this point.  

Once again, the NFL is proving that defense is the most important aspect of winning in the playoffs. Both QBs have done exactly nothing in today’s game between Minny and Frisco.

Edited by plan9misfit

Just now, HDsportsfan said:

You're an A$$.

😂 🤷‍♂️

13 minutes ago, D82 said:

And Jerry doesn’t see anything wrong with his behavior as “GM”. Like I said, we won’t win anything of significance again until he’s 6 feet deep in the dirt.

Just now, HDsportsfan said:

Welp…..guess I'll be rooting for an AFC team now that the Vikings are out.

I’ve been saying it’s going to be Baltimore v San Francisco. 

Feel like SF is going to win just to spite Jerry.

1 minute ago, D82 said:

I’ve been saying it’s going to be Baltimore v San Francisco. 

Feel like SF is going to win just to spite Jerry.

That's a double edged sword for me.

33 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Once again, the NFL is proving that defense is the most important aspect of winning in the playoffs. Both QBs have done exactly nothing in today’s game between Minny and Frisco.

Oh, and a solid running game. I almost forgot, especially since people keep telling me that “the running game doesn’t matter”.

And then I remembered the Titans had 72 passing yards last week coupled with over 200 on the ground. But hey...not important.

Edited by plan9misfit