News and Notes: Cowboys Not in Playoffs Edition

Matts4313

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

You read a thread title and not the thread? Wow. Because I am 99% sure in the thread it says:

"You can run the ball a lot and win. As long as you pass efficiently.

You can throw the ball a lot and win. As long as you pass efficiently" 

@Matts4313 is there any correlation between pass efficiency and run efficiency?

I believe running the ball well opens up the passing game which in theory should make you more efficient when passing.

I guess which is the biggest cause to an efficient passing game?

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

So who you got next?. ..(hate for the 49ers aside)

Logic should tell you Mahomes will be the better passer. But 49ers have the ground game and defense.

Do the Chiefs have the overwhelming chance to win?

As long as Mahomes if efficient

They are reprogramming the scoreboard as we speak to show only Mahomes stats during the game. The score and everything else will be unnecessary

2 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

I believe running the ball well opens up the passing game which in theory should make you more efficient when passing.

Running the ball well, or the threat of it, absolutely makes the passer more efficient

• Like 1

Just now, CAPJ said:

Nope. 

Just now, CAPJ said:

Nope by about 10 different studies now. 

Just now, CAPJ said:

Normally its the QB. Again, as I said in that thread ad nauseum, you can be a running team circa Cowboys 2016 or Ravens 2019. But you better supplan that run strategy with a strong passing efficiency. 

You can also be a light running team that relies on the QB - ala Mahommes, Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers, etc. But that passing game better be really efficient and you need to be able to situationally run. 

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

Running the ball well, or the threat of it, absolutely makes the passer more efficient

Nope. Thats about as real as Santa Claus. At sometime you are going to have to grow up and face the music. What you were taught to believe as a child is a lie. 

Edited by Matts4313

Nope. 

Nope by about 10 different studies now. 

Normally its the QB. Again, as I said in that thread ad nauseum, you can be a running team circa Cowboys 2016 or Ravens 2019. But you better supplan that run strategy with a strong passing efficiency. 

You can also be a light running team that relies on the QB - ala Mahommes, Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers, etc. But that passing game better be really efficient and you need to be able to situationally run. 

So, if you're good at both passing and running you have a good chance of winning

Let me write that one down

OK, got it

• Like 1

Nope. Thats about as real as Santa Claus. At sometime you are going to have to grow up and face the music. 

Well if that's the case, thank all mighty santa claus that Jimmy G is completing 66% of his passes otherwise SF would be getting blown out.

• Like 1

Nope. Thats about as real as Santa Claus. At sometime you are going to have to grow up and face the music. What you were taught to believe as a child is a lie. 

What was our passing efficiency on play action vs. Empty set(no threat to run)??

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Teams putting 8 men in the box to stop the run doesn't help the receivers get open downfield and open up the passing game

Play action (when the defense bites fearing the run) doesn't help passing either

Obviously......

1 minute ago, TheGame316 said:

Teams putting 8 men in the box to stop the run doesn't help the receivers get open downfield and open up the passing game

Play action (when the defense bites fearing the run) doesn't help passing either

Obviously......

I heard less guys in coverage doesnt affect the QB.

Multiple pie charts back it up too.

Just now, DaBoys said:

What was our passing efficiency on play action vs. Empty set(no threat to run)??

There is no correlation from play action and the run game. Seriously, look it up. Even announcers are starting to recognize this. Who was it just a couple games ago? Collingsowrth I think:

"I was told my entire life we have to run to set up the play action. Its simply not true. I have had to rewire my brain from everything I was taught"

Dont say you want analytics and then hate what they tell you..... 

1 minute ago, CAPJ said:
3 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

Obviously......

I heard less guys in coverage doesnt affect the QB.

Multiple pie charts back it up too.

Do you guys want the analytics or not? 

Are you happy we are getting an analytics team or not? 

Because you both sound like old men yelling at clouds. 

There is no correlation from play action and the run game. Seriously, look it up. Even announcers are starting to recognize this. Who was it just a couple games ago? Collingsowrth I think:

"I was told my entire life we have to run to set up the play action. Its simply not true. I have had to rewire my brain from everything I was taught"

Cris "I was talking to that backup, 3rd stringer cornerback before the game and he told me he was specifically working on THAT exact thing all week that he just made a play on" Collinsworth?

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

So you're saying play action does help the passing game, but there's no difference in a play action from Zeke and a play action from Alfred Morris?

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

So you're saying play action does help the passing game, but there's no difference in a play action from Zeke and a play action from Alfred Morris?

Correct. The threat of a RB, plus what the RB does after (pass route, pass blocking) are what matter. But its been proven time and time again that who the RB is doesnt matter. 

Just like this myth that Zeke faces loaded boxes. *ANOTHER LIE* I dont have the numbers off the top of my head, but he faces a loaded box like 20-25% of the time. Which is very middle tier. Almost all RBs are somewhere near that range. Because its situational, OBVI RUNDOWNS get loaded boxes (short yardage, goal line, etc).

Announcers during the vikes game: Zeke facing a loaded box every snap!

Analytics after the vike game: Zeke faced a loaded box on 4 total snaps!

Fans are brainwashed. They want the idea of analytics, they are going to hate what they tell you. Because it goes against your core beliefs of football. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1