What Happens to Ryan Kerrigan Now?

MKnight82

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

In a 4-3 Hamilton, Holcomb, Bostic, and Foster are your cover guys the rest should be rushing or blitzing. 

Well, that’s what I was saying and you’re forgetting about Harvey-Clemons who will be a candidate for back up at weak side linebacker behind Hamilton.

Also, seeing that we need 6 linebackers, a starter for each of the 3 positions and a back up for each position, we’d have to find another LB at the least - if not upgrades for each of the projected starters which probably isn’t likely in just one offseason. Seeing that we’d need added depth at SLB, it seems logical that we’d have Anderson play a reserve role there behind Holcomb.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well, that’s what I was saying and you’re forgetting about Harvey-Clemons who will be a candidate for back up at weak side linebacker behind Hamilton.

Also, seeing that we need 6 linebackers, a starter for each of the 3 positions and a back up for each position, we’d have to find another LB at the least - if not upgrades for each of the projected starters which probably isn’t likely in just one offseason. Seeing that we’d need added depth at SLB, it seems logical that we’d have Anderson play a reserve role there behind Holcomb.

Forgot about Clemons but as long as guys like Sweat, Young, Kerrigan, and Anderson aren't constantly put in pass coverage I'm fine with the transition. 

39 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You can’t rely on Reuben Foster to be a starter coming off his horrible knee injury. Anderson & Sweat are not 4-3 OLbs, they are 4-3 DEs. People complain about them having to cover a little bit as 3-4 OLBs, as 4-3 OLBs, they’d be in coverage 60 to 70% of the game depending on who they play that week.

If they don’t make upgrades to the LB corps then their 4-3 LBs will look like this:

SLB: Holcomb, Foster? Anderson as a reserve? DE/SLB? I don’t know TBH

MLB: Bostic, Foster?

WLB: SDH, JLC

either way no apace for karrigan with young and sweat

Ionnadis also will be in the rotation along with settle 

we need to draft and sign free agent db...

Edited by Vladimir L

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm open to trading him to a contender or keeping him. Open to trading one of Allen, Payne, or the Greek too assuming a move to a 4-3. 

I mean, this almost has to make Allen expendable. Payne will benefit from this change as he’s more of a 4-3 tackle and Ioannidis is going to eat regardless due to his strength and speed but do we really pay Allen now? I know they’re going to and he’ll be here but I don’t think it’s necessary. 

2 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

Since I live so close to the practice facility I decided to visit this forum.

In an alternate reality: would you guys consider trading your first pick (2021) next year to us for Cousins and another player of your choice?

for what? absolutely not.

I would love to get a late 3rd for kerrigan and would jump on it in a heartbeat but if rumors are true about an extension and we end up drafting young then the extensions needs to be reasonable. a rotation of young, sweat, kerrigan, and anderson would be dirty!

along with a rotation of payne, Ioannidis, Allen, and Settle on the line

6 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

Why not? 

Take Cousins back?  He’s better than any QB you’ll get in this draft, and in this proposed scenario, I’m offering another player or pick as well. 

nope we drafted a QB and hes improved throughout the year and is on a rookie contract. Cousins also only has 1 year left on his contract. we are already paying alex smith big money to be injured

2 hours ago, Torchezim said:

Why not? 

Take Cousins back?  He’s better than any QB you’ll get in this draft, and in this proposed scenario, I’m offering another player or pick as well. 

They just drafted Haskins, who was advancing significantly before getting hurt. I don't see how they bring back Cousins, especially when his contract expires next year and that didn't go so well the first time.

2 hours ago, Torchezim said:

Why not? 

Dan Snyder never wanted Cousins and he has known Haskins since high school and wants Haskins to be the QB.  There’s no way Cousins will be back in DC.