NFC Championship Game

Saints @ 49ers

Super Bowl

Chiefs over Saints

Wild Card Round

Titans @ Patriots

Bills @ Texans

Vikings @ Saints

Seahawks @ Eagles (I"m assuming Brooks, Lane Johnson & Ertz are still out, plus Sanders - great run, hard-fought, but Russ finds a way)

Divisional Round

Bills @ Ravens (hard fought, much closer than on paper - but in the end, Allen's lack of playoff experience gets him at crunch time, learning year for them)

Titans @ Chiefs

Saints @ Packers

Seahawks @ 49ers

AFC Championship Game

Chiefs @ Ravens

NFC Championship Game

Packers 49ers

NFC Championship Game

Chiefs @ 49ers

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Curious as to why you think that. I don't disagree, but interested nonetheless.

The Top Four Seeds and the Titans can easily be a bye team almost any season. They are all excellent teams. Bills are also one of the better wildcard teams I have seen. Pats are no where near as bad as people think, they can compete with anyone. Texans with Watson is as strong as a #4 seed you can possibly get. In the NFC you got three monsters at 13-3. They can each be #1 seeds any year, and it’s like they all landed on the same year. Seahawks and Vikings are two of the better wildcards teams I remember. Both are very solid teams. Usually wildcard teams, especially the 6 seed, have a lot of flaws. All four wildcard teams this are legit threats at the SB crown. 

I could see 11 teams winning the SB. And the Eagles, while I think have close to no shot at making the SB, have a 50/50 shot against Seattle and 30% shot in the divisional round. 

It’s a very strong playoffs. 

Last year for example I said NE would win the SB and KC is good but not as good as people think and were the only team with a very small shot to beat NE. I’d personally say NE, this years KC, Houston, Tenn, and Balt are all better than last years KC. 

As for the NFC last year, you had the Saints and Rams. Literally none of the other four teams were worth mentioning and we knew what the NFC Championship was gonna be. I’d also say the Niners and Saints are both better than last years Saints and Rams. Packers not quite on Saints/Rams level last year but they can easily win the entire thing this year. HFA in divisional round and a rematch with SF with adjustments made. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

Wild Card Round

Titans @ Patriots

Bills @ Texans

Vikings @ Saints

Seahawks @ Eagles

Divisional Round

Bills @ Ravens

Patriots @ Chiefs

Saints @ Packers

Seahawks @ 49ers

AFC Championship Game

Chiefs @ Ravens

NFC Championship Game

Saints @ 49ers

Super Bowl

Saints @ Ravens

16 hours ago, showtime said:

Never said he couldn't do it.  He needs to prove he can do it in the playoffs.  Just like Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Ryan Tannehill, and Carson Wentz.  I don't get why people have any type of issue about statements like that.  Jimmy G has never played in the postseason - it's a different ball game.  In my initial post, I even included Jackson.  It's not like I'm singling out Jimmy G. 

It's not only the pressure of playing in the postseason because it's all single game eliminations, it's also the fact that it's the postseason - so you're only playing against top teams in the league every game you play. 

Here is my issue with what you say. Have you ever done it in the playoffs? Guessing not, so how do you know it's a different ball game? It isn't a different ball game for everyone. Some guys are unstoppable at certain points in their careers (Jackson), some guys are unflappable throughout their career (Jimmy). Doesn't matter the moment, doesn't matter the situation. The easy rebuttal for what you say is that Jimmy and Jackson have been surrounded by big moments with great leadership. When your team is a s good as both of these two teams are every game is a big game and you get everyone's best shot. Jimmy grew up in New England surrounded by big moments and the greatest to ever do it. The fact of all of this is that we only have what we have to go off of. Everything else is irrelevant. 

The bolded statement is complete absurdity. Since the first Seattle game the 49ers played Seattle twice, New Orleans, Baltimore, and Green Bay. Every game having postseason implications. You can't discount those things because it doesn't fit your narrative. The reality is that good teams win more often than not. Both of those teams are really good.

12 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Here is my issue with what you say. Have you ever done it in the playoffs? Guessing not, so how do you know it's a different ball game? It isn't a different ball game for everyone. Some guys are unstoppable at certain points in their careers (Jackson), some guys are unflappable throughout their career (Jimmy). Doesn't matter the moment, doesn't matter the situation. The easy rebuttal for what you say is that Jimmy and Jackson have been surrounded by big moments with great leadership. When your team is a s good as both of these two teams are every game is a big game and you get everyone's best shot. Jimmy grew up in New England surrounded by big moments and the greatest to ever do it. The fact of all of this is that we only have what we have to go off of. Everything else is irrelevant. 

The bolded statement is complete absurdity. Since the first Seattle game the 49ers played Seattle twice, New Orleans, Baltimore, and Green Bay. Every game having postseason implications. You can't discount those things because it doesn't fit your narrative. The reality is that good teams win more often than not. Both of those teams are really good.

Because those games aren't playoff games?  The playoffs haven't started yet.  I'm not saying that Jimmy G isn't going to play well.  He's just never played in the postseason before.

The players themselves say the playoffs are a different animal.  That postseason and regular season are different.

Wild Card:

Titans @ Patriots

Bills @ Texans

Vikings @ Saints

Seahawks @ Eagles

Divisional:

Titans @ Ravens

Texans @ Chiefs

Seahawks @ Niners

Saints @ Packers

Championship:

Chiefs @ Ravens

Saints @ Niners

Super Bowl LIV:

Chiefs v Saints

If you were to ask me who I think the best team is right now, I'd pick the Ravens, but the best team doesn't always win the Super Bowl. I think Chiefs-Ravens ends up being a wild, exciting, close game where the Chiefs manage to make one more big play than Baltimore does. Then a shootout for the Super Bowl itself.

4 hours ago, showtime said:

The players themselves say the playoffs are a different animal.  That postseason and regular season are different.

That's why I'm trying to tell people to cool down on writing the Ravens into the superbowl. Defensive players aren't going to protect their bodies as much in the playoffs, those running lanes will collapse, and Lamar being able to juke dudes out of their socks isn't going to be a super bowl winning model. Mark Ingram limping into the playoffs doesn't help either, to be sure.