Seattle Seahawks @ Philadelphia Eagles

showtime

Seattle Seahawks @ Philadelphia Eagles  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Philadelphia Eagles
    • Seattle Seahawks

6 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

hey if you want to face the guy that led random practice squad players to glory with one of the best deep threats in nfl history added to his weapons then more power to you.

LMAO. YOu played a bunch of horrific teams to end the season. It was practice squad vs practice squad in 3 of those games. Against the Cowboys he played a QB that had 2 broken hands, a bum shoulder, didnt practice the entire week - - and played horrific. On top the, the Cowboys had like 10 drops. Even with all that, it was a 1 score game against a not good Cowboys team.

The Eagles are a bad football team. They are no threat to anyone in the playoffs. If they win I will be shocked. If they win 2 I will run away to reddit (haha). 

11 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

desean and wentz have played 1 game together they had 2 50+s yard tds in it. 

AGAINST THE REDSKINS. A TERRRRRRRRIIIIIIBBBBBBLLLLLLEEEEE TEAM.

You guys have probably the worst offense, worst QB and worst secondary out of any team in the playoffs. Maybe the worst coaches. If you win, its going to be your defense carrying you and the other team choking. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You guys have probably the worst offense, worst QB and worst secondary out of any team in the playoffs. Maybe the worst coaches. If you win, its going to be your defense carrying you and the other team choking. 

Said everyone in 2017.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Any team who plays the Seahawks has a shot lol.  The Bengals almost beat them in Seattle earlier in the year.  I think Seattle won that game by one point.

Yeah but you have Danger Russ who not only is lucky but creates luck with being smart, elusive and awesome. There aren’t a lot of teams with their point differential to go far, but teams like the SB winking Giants of recent are teams of equate them with because they keep games close no matter what and they have a magician running the team

47 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

The eagles were the only #1 seed underdogs in nfl history and we faced the 6th seed. 

So you understand that you were the #1 seed you could not have all those things wrong. So Dingo was in fact wrong. Which makes your correction here also inaccurate, because thats not what we were talking about.

Eagles fans. SMH

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

You think Carson Wentz is worse than Kirk Cousins, Jimmy G, Josh Allen, and Ryan Tannehill?

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

So you understand that you were the #1 seed you could not have all those things wrong. So Dingo was in fact wrong. Which makes your correction here also inaccurate, because thats not what we were talking about.

Eagles fans. SMH

What kind of dallas cowboy loser logic is this? 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

You had me with worst O & secondary - then possibly lost me with QB, and definitely lost me with the coaches angle.

Cousins has been efficient, but he's the least playoff-dependable QB around in the NFC (when the run game is great and play-action works, he works, but he can't create magic on his own).   Wentz is one of those rare beasts who can throw guys open, extend plays long enough for JAG's to get open.   Cousins does none of that.  And I say that as a guy who supported Cousins signing for a contender.   Wentz makes his share of mistakes, but he creates a lot more magic than anyone not named Mahomes/Jackson/Wilson/Watson/A-Rod (old version).  

As for the coaches, they've clearly been a huge reason why they've succeeded despite the bad secondary and non-existent WR corps (not to mention losing Lane Johnson & Brandon Brooks).   

They're definitely the weakest team out of the 6 left - no doubt.  But let's not go overboard.  And that doesn't guarantee a SEA W, not by a long shot.  HFA matters, and SEA's weaknesses are very exploitable by PHI.   Having played each other will only help make the match tighter - it's tough to win 2x in the same year.  Having said that, Russell Wilson is an even greater magician, so looking forward to seeing this go down.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, showtime said:

You think Carson Wentz is worse than Kirk Cousins, Jimmy G, Josh Allen, and Ryan Tannehill?

I meant NFC playoff teams. Wentz is 18th in ANY/A (by far the most important metric), 14th in rating and 9th in QBR. So he is the worst NFC playoff QB  this year.  

11 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

What kind of dallas cowboy loser logic is this? 

What do you not understand? No one in 17 said you had the worst offense, secondary, WRs. The only thing people were bagging you on was your QB.

10 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

You had me with worst O & secondary - then possibly lost me with QB, and definitely lost me with the coaches angle.

The Eagles fans pretty universally want to fire their OC and DC - and they have recognized that Pederson is not a creative playcaller. So again, NFC, probably the worst. 

Cousins has been efficient, but he's the least playoff-dependable QB around in the NFC (when the run game is great and play-action works, he works, but he can't create magic on his own).   Wentz is one of those rare beasts who can throw guys open, extend plays long enough for JAG's to get open.   Cousins does none of that.  And I say that as a guy who supported Cousins signing for a contender.   Wentz makes his share of mistakes, but he creates a lot more magic than anyone not named Mahomes/Jackson/Wilson/Watson/A-Rod (old version).  

Dude, you need to watch 2018, 2019 Wentz and forget his magical 2017 season. Wentz leads the in NFL in throws 5 yards or less. Almost every single pass is to a TE or RB. He is checkdown king carson. 

As for the coaches, they've clearly been a huge reason why they've succeeded despite the bad secondary and non-existent WR corps (not to mention losing Lane Johnson & Brandon Brooks).   

According to the chart posted in the NFL thread, the eagles are slightly above average in terms of injuries. Its just happened to all their WRs. So the Eagles fans have gone from thread to thread crying and moaning about how hurt they are. 

They're definitely the weakest team out of the 6 left - no doubt.  But let's not go overboard.  And that doesn't guarantee a SEA W, not by a long shot.  HFA matters, and SEA's weaknesses are very exploitable by PHI.   Having played each other will only help make the match tighter - it's tough to win 2x in the same year.  Having said that, Russell Wilson is an even greater magician, so looking forward to seeing this go down.

I can see them beating the Seahawks. Seahawks have been playing everyone close. But they arent beating 2 teams. 

Edited by Matts4313

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

According to the chart posting in the NFL thread, the eagles are slightly above average in terms of injuries. Its just happened to all their WRs and their 2 best OL and top 3 TE

I can see them beating the Seahawks. Seahawks have been playing everyone close. But they arent beating 2 teams. 

FIFY.   If you think the other 11 QB's in the playoffs could win with the combo of injuries to the 2 best OL/TE/entire starter WR corps, and beat their rival head-on - well, we'll just agree to disagree.   And if you don't think the QB is that special, then it's got to be on the coaches.    

I get it, PHI's a weak team makeup-wise.  But then you have to acknowledge the coaching and/or QB were the reason they did pull it off.  Honestly, it comes off as a petty, bitter rival team take to say NOTHING good about the team.   To say they are flawed and weakest of the 6 NFC teams left is fair.  To go after every aspect of their team comes off as a huge hater take.  I say that with zero skin in the game here.

You're now saying PHI could beat SEA, but lose to one of the 2 teams that got to rest, and gets a bye?   You do realize, that is not exactly the most controversial take around.....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

FIFY.   If you think the other 11 QB's in the playoffs could win with the combo of injuries to the 2 best OL/TE/entire starter WR corps, and beat their rival head-on - well, we'll just agree to disagree.   And if you don't think the QB is that special, then it's got to be on the coaches.    

Their "rivals" they beat are the 2nd, 4th worst teams in the NFL. And they have suffered a lot of injuries as well. 

They beat the Cowboys when our QB had 2 broken hands and a bum shoulder. He and all our WRs played absolutely garbage. It was a 1 score game. 

I get it, PHI's a weak team makeup-wise.  But then you have to acknowledge the coaching and/or QB were the reason they did pull it off. 

Or recognize they played absolutely horrific teams. And Wentz is absolutely a better QB than the trash that Washington, NYG have. And Dak had his worst game of the year. (maybe career)

Honestly, it comes off as a petty, bitter rival team take to say NOTHING good about the team. 

Well I do love trolling with the Eagles. Its a pastime of mine. 

To say they are flawed and weakest of the 6 NFC teams left is fair.  To go after every aspect of their team comes off as a huge hater take.  I say that with zero skin in the game here.

I didnt say everything. Their defense is pretty good overall. DL is still strong. And Wentz plays very very safe with his 5 yards throws. So they dont throw many INTs and pretty good comp %. Their OL and run game are very solid. 

You're now saying PHI could beat SEA, but lose to one of the 2 teams that got to rest, and gets a bye?   You do realize, that is not exactly the most controversial take around.....

I will be very surprised if they beat the Seahawks. But 10 of the seahawks games are 1 score games. Which is a tale tale sign of not sustainable. 

Edited by Matts4313