showtime

Seattle Seahawks @ Philadelphia Eagles  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Philadelphia Eagles
    • Seattle Seahawks

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Clean? No. Egregious? Not really.

And I am being serious, not trolly right now. Its really not that bad of a hit. You see those all the time on RB's/WR. If Wentz had not gotten concussed, we would not be talking about it at all. 

Oh look.

Mental Gymnastics.

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Clean? No. Egregious? Not really.

And I am being serious, not trolly right now. Its really not that bad of a hit. You see those all the time on RB's/WR. If Wentz had not gotten concussed, we would not be talking about it at all. 

Since when is helmet to helmet not egregious?  These are the exact type of hits the NFL is trying to get rid of BECAUSE they cause concussions.  It's an incredibly dangerous hit with no attempt to wrap up.  He leads directly with his helmet and clearly the first point of contact is Wentz's helmet.  How do you not see this?

12 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Oh look.

Mental Gymnastics.

Nah. I know I like to rile you up. But when I saw this live I didnt even think it was a foul. After seeing the replay, I said it was def not a clean hit. Was on the side of illegal. But I dont think it is nearly as malicious as some people are making it out to be. 

9 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Since when is helmet to helmet not egregious?  These are the exact type of hits the NFL is trying to get rid of BECAUSE they cause concussions.  It's an incredibly dangerous hit with no attempt to wrap up.  He leads directly with his helmet and clearly the first point of contact is Wentz's helmet.  How do you not see this?

At 2 seconds exactly you can see the contact with Wentz's upper back. The head moves first because it takes the least amount of force to move. And he for sure hits him in the head. I am not arguing that. Im just stating it looked like the attempt was to spear him in the back, but he (almost immediately) hits him in the head. 

Really though, arguing a split second difference of which contact point is first is irrelevant. My argument is that even if it is illegal (we will see what the NFL says), I am not sure the intent was to be dirty. 

And when I think egregious, I think of the Burfict hits. Not a dude attempting to spear in the back. 

Just my opinion. Obviously you two disagree. 

Edited by Matts4313

39 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If you can watch that play and think it is a clean hit you have to be doing some insane mental gymnastics to fit your agenda.

Looks like he wanted to force a fumble or go for that punishing hit that makes him think twice of running. Super bad play but he doesn’t have a track record of dirty hits. Honest to god though why couldn’t Wentz return? I’ve seen Guys have seizures(chargers guy doing the stanky leg) and stay in game. Not questioning Wentz toughness but a genuinely asking. Many guys don’t even bother going thru the test as they get back in the field. 

4 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Looks like he wanted to force a fumble or go for that punishing hit that makes him think twice of running. Super bad play but he doesn’t have a track record of dirty hits. Honest to god though why couldn’t Wentz return? I’ve seen Guys have seizures(chargers guy doing the stanky leg) and stay in game. Not questioning Wentz toughness but a genuinely asking. Many guys don’t even bother going thru the test as they get back in the field. 

I think the independent doctor makes the call on Concussions. It's not up to the team or the player

1 hour ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Rammy this a real question? Guarantee someone,  whether on the bench, via Replay somewhere informed the Team/Doctors he was groggy, put him in the Tent. After that, it is out of his hands! Especially when going back to the Locker Room.

Zero doubt in my mind He would of returned if allowed. This isn't 20 years ago (Here smell this, get back out there), He has no choice if the Doctors say No. Which Clearly they did!

Unfortunate because that was a winnable game!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Rammy this a real question? Guarantee someone,  whether on the bench, via Replay somewhere informed the Team he was groggy, put him in the Tent. After that, it is out of his hands! Especially when going back to the Locker Room.

Zero doubt in my mind He would of returned if allowed. This isn't 20 years ago (Here smell this, get back out there), He has no choice if the Doctors say No. Which Clearly they did!

Unfortunate because that was a winnable game!

No I know they get tested but how would they know is my question. Maybe he couldn’t reply to the normal questions. I’m just curios Of the process. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

No I know they get tested but how would they know is my question. Maybe he couldn’t reply to the normal questions. I’m just curios Of the process. 

I've been concussed before (hit back of my head on grass). I didn't remember what day it was and what I was doing there. So questions similar to that could be asked 

9 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Eye Exam and questions (normally the Maddox questions). They will ask general (day, month, location) and more specific (what was the last play call, whats the score, how many minutes left in the game, etc)

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Just watched the video of the Clowney play, y'all are crazy. Wentz slipped through a McDougald tackle and was falling forward when Clowney hit him. That's football, dude. You don't get special protections when you run as a QB. Plays like that are common for WRs and HBs. Guys hit them as they're going down all the time.

Thank you. Wentz wasn't down, and Clowney was free to hit him. Everything just looks so much worse when it's dissected in slow motion. It was a bang bang play and the end result was unfortunate.

In terms of people calling it a cheap shot, I really don't believe it was Clowney's intent to land a helmet-to-helmet blow; it just sort of happened that way.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Since when is helmet to helmet not egregious?

When it's accidental.

6 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

It's an incredibly dangerous hit with no attempt to wrap up.  He leads directly with his helmet and clearly the first point of contact is Wentz's helmet.

Firstly, players don't have to wrap up; you can lay a clean hit with just your shoulder. I also don't think it was malicious, nor does Clowney have that track record. To me, Clowney attempted to lead with his shoulder, and at the same time he naturally braced for contact his target (presumably, Wentz back) got lower to the ground which caused his head naturally lean forward making helmet to helmet contact. 

Honestly I think the point has been lost

Wether or not the refs suck, Clowney was being dirty, or if diving forward for QBs is considered giving yourself up...the initial point was adding this to the “Wentz is injury proned” narrative is stupid. And done clearly with bias. There was nothing to be done, save for doing a patented Brady “it’s not grounding 😉” way before hand.

What player is not going to have a concussion when they get speared from the back of their head into smashing the front on the ground? Your brain was just given the ol’ pancake in a frying pan treatment.

The refs also called an inconsistent game, shocker, with how they were calling the hits to the QBs all night. But oh well over and done with...happens to everyone at some point.

• Like 1