Seattle Seahawks @ Philadelphia Eagles

showtime

Seattle Seahawks @ Philadelphia Eagles  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Philadelphia Eagles
    • Seattle Seahawks

I agree with Clowney. Bang bang play didn't seem intentional whatsoever. Some of you guys should try to play football and turn your body to in a split second to avoid hitting another player when you have no clue how they're going to move, land, or fall. It's football.

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Despite not being touched until after said knee was off the ground?

Right, thats what I read elsewhere also. In Atlanta, he was considered "giving up/down" because his knee hit; just like initiating a slide. 

The difference in that and the Clowney hit, is that Wentz never touched the ground. So he was still a live ball carrier. If Wentz's knee had hit the ground yesterday, he would have been considered down, no matter if anyone touched him or not. 

That makes a lot more sense, imo 

Edited by Matts4313

54 minutes ago, jg77 said:

I agree with Clowney. Bang bang play didn't seem intentional whatsoever. Some of you guys should try to play football and turn your body to in a split second to avoid hitting another player when you have no clue how they're going to move, land, or fall. It's football.

Well that’s why they are on the forum. Because they aren’t skilled enough to do this. Myself on the other hand... have you seen my coverage ability?

18 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

The bigger issue is this same mentality is what makes Wentz great. He's probably not going to be able to take that out of his game. 

Daniel Jones has the same sort of mentality, a lot of young QBs do nowadays, and I'm worried about him if he doesn't reign himself in. One common factor among all the great QBs is they know when to give in. Look how often Wilson slides. Look how easily guys like Brady and Eli go down. You gotta live to fight another day. Fighting like Wentz does leads to some amazing plays, but also leads to lots of injuries and fumbles.

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/philadelphlia-eagles-carson-wentz-jadeveon-clowney-nfc-playoffs-concussions-20200107.html?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Interesting. Wentz 100% did the right thing; but it kinda flies in the face of what some people where saying on here.

Was gonna post this. It went against the “NFL protocol”. Essentially Wentz took himself out the game. Right or wrong it proves a point on both ends. Brett Favre wouldn’t have gone out. Russell Wilson took an insane shot the head against the cards years back and he didn’t go out. I love wentz but this just raises the question on how bad does he really want it. Again, What he did was 100% right. But you gotta wonder! 

7 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Was gonna post this. It went against the “NFL protocol”. Essentially Wentz took himself out the game. Right or wrong it proves a point on both ends. Brett Favre wouldn’t have gone out. Russell Wilson took an insane shot the head against the cards years back and he didn’t go out. I love wentz but this just raises the question on how bad does he really want it. Again, What he did was 100% right. But you gotta wonder! 

99.995% sure Dak got concussed against the Falcons in '17. He stayed in.

As for Wentz, he was squinting on the sidelines. Probably had double vision. Cant play football if you cant see, no matter how tough you are. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Horse Manure! There is video of him on the bench sitting between both Sudfeld and Mckown with his head in both hands bent over. Both looking at him with concern. That is what started the Protocol! Not every Concussion is the same either! So what Farve did, compared to Wilson, compared to Wentz means nothing!!

There is No one and I do mean No one that was on that field last Sunday that had more to prove to the naysayers and a desire to be on that field the Carson Wentz.

Just because the idiots with the eye in the sky missed the original hit, (videos they showed a dozen times afterwards) doesn't negate all the symptoms he was showing. During the 4 plays afterwards and on the sidelines! Questioning his desire to be on the field is a Joke. This is a Player who stayed in the game INTENTIONALLY after tearing his ACL to throw a TD. Played with a Broken back until he physically couldn't. 

You're sitting here questioning whether he truly wanted to be out there for his Teammates and his City because he was concussed and concerned over the fact he was having a hard time focusing and standing? GTFOH with that mess!

Edited by Nabbs4u

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Horse Manure! There is video of him on the bench sitting between both Sudfeld and Mckown with his head in both hands bent over. Both looking at him with concern. That is what started the Protocol! Not every Concussion is the same either! So what Farve did, compared to Wilson, compared to Wentz means nothing!!

There is No one and I do mean No one that was on that field last Sunday that had more to prove to the naysayers and a desire to be on that field the Carson Wentz.

Just because the idiots with the eye in the sky missed the original hit, (videos they showed a dozen times afterwards) doesn't negate all the symptoms he was showing. During the 4 plays afterwards and on the sidelines! Questioning his desire to be on the field is a Joke. This is a Player who stayed in the game INTENTIONALLY after tearing his ACL to throw a TD. Played with a Broken back until he physically couldn't. 

You're sitting here questioning whether he truly wanted to be out there for his Teammates and his City because he was concussed and concerned over the fact he was having a hard time focusing and standing? GTFOH with that mess!

I said he did the right thing my guy. But the point stands. Byron Leftwich played with a broken leg LOL. Some guys have the juice and others don’t.. I said it from the start. But hey man I’ve gotten a concussion too, the first 5-10 mins you can’t see anything. It’s super Smokey and blurry, I thought someone lit a chimney in my face lol. But your boi went back in and dropped 12 points in your local pick up basketball game. #Heart 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

I said he did the right thing my guy. But the point stands. Byron Leftwich played with a broken leg LOL. Some guys have the juice and others don’t.. I said it from the start. But hey man I’ve gotten a concussion too, the first 5-10 mins you can’t see anything. It’s super Smokey and blurry, I thought someone lit a chimney in my face lol. But your boi went back in and dropped 12 points in your local pick up basketball game. #Heart 

Well hot dayuuummmm! You da Man! A non contact Pickup Basketball Game! You my man are impressive! 👏👏 If only Wentz had 1/2 your heart and was running around in shorts?👍

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Half  a dozen exclamation points? Nabbsy must be real srs.

Lol Carson can't ever win with some people... No matter what, he will get criticized. 

People look at his sack/fumbles and say he is doing too much and trying to force thing, he should throw it away and live for another down. So which one is it??? Does he want it too much, or does he not care and gives up?? I mean he was the most sacked QB this year in the league and kept getting up. His head/skull hit the ground and finally knocked him out, and people are still questioning him. Unbelievable. 

8 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Lol Carson can't ever win with some people... No matter what, he will get criticized. 

People look at his sack/fumbles and say he is doing too much and trying to force thing, he should throw it away and live for another down. So which one is it??? Does he want it too much, or does he not care and gives up?? I mean he was the most sacked QB this year in the league and kept getting up. His head/skull hit the ground and finally knocked him out, and people are still questioning him. Unbelievable. 

You’re barking up the wrong tree. I’ve said he’s better than Goff and he blows garbage Dak out the water. Maybe the dude is Samuel Jackson is unbreakable idk. But his injuries are just so untimely it hurts me as a huge NFL fan.