Offseason Cap/Resignings

Matts4313

I made this post in another thread, what do you all think:

No Lee, he considered retiring last season. Probably no Crawford (+$8m). Which brings us to ~$94m With the option to get to another ~$30m through restructure.

Dak gets a little more than Wentz/Goff. Based on Wilsons Contract, thats a first year cap hit of ~$25m - $30m

Cooper will get something around Thomas/Jones. A first year cap hit of ~$15M - $20M

Quinn  ~$7.5 - $10m/yr

Cobb ~$2.5m - $5m/yr

Bennett and Collins no more than a couple mil each. 

Which means for all the players I expect to be resigned, I think reasonably we will spend ~$50M - $65M 1st year. But you know how contracts are, you can manipulate them however you want.

So that means all the core players (besides our #2 CB (who is all pro)) - plus $30-$45m left over. And again, another ~$30m we can tap in restructures.

11 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I made this post in another thread, what do you all think:

Really? Not trying to be funny, but Wentz, Goff, Wilson all have 1 thing in common, their teams have all appeared or won a SB during their tenure. 

Granted, Wentz was injured and out but he was having an MVP type year.

Prescott couldn't hit wide open receivers in the ONE game they had to have to make the playoffs.

Why on Earth would he get more money than the other Qb mentioned?

Edited by Rtnldave

Do you follow football?

10 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Really? Not trying to be funny, but Wentz, Goff, Wilson all have 1 thing in common, their teams have all appeared or won a SB during their tenure. 

They played on better teams. Better coached teams.

Granted, Wentz was injured and out but he was having an MVP type year.

Like it or not, Dak has been in the discussion of MVP twice. This year and 2016

Prescott couldn't hit wide open receivers in the ONE game they had to have to make the playoffs.

You know Dak was injured, right?

Why on Earth would he get more money than the other Qb mentioned?

Dak will get more money than Wilson, Wentz, and Goff.
Next year someone will get more than Dak.
Year following, someone will get more money than that guy.
Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

That's how it works.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

He was also asked to pass 44 times with a sprained AC joint on his throwing arm. That IMO was a very bad game plan! 

So, he finished the Rams game with a sprained AC joint and helped score 44 points, then played a week later and couldn't hit the side of a mountain-throwing 44 times-which, by the rationale that the AC sprain was severe enough to cause him to be inaccurate, would only serve to reaggravate the injury, he comes back this week, the same amount of time to heal, and throws 4 TDs and scores 47 points.

So the week between the Rams and Iggles game the injury was so severe that it hindered his play horribly.

Of course, playing an entire game on it did not negatively effect or increase the injury at all. And all he needed was one more week to heal to the point of throwing for over 300 yards and 4 TDs?

Lord, it's a miracle!

You do realize it takes 2 to 6 weeks for that type of injury to heal. That is with rest and refraining from activities that utilize that joint.

Even if he was a quick healer and he got around the clock treatment, I'm not buying he could continue to play well against the Rams, play horribly against Philly and come back and play the way he did yesterday.

The "injury" did not have 2 full weeks of rest. And throwing 44 times would certainly reaggravate the inflammation.

So, what's the real story?

Edited by Rtnldave

23 hours ago, Northland said:

He would be a terrific addition.  I think we have something in Jardin but there is nothing wrong with having multiple options at TE.

I'm a little confused why he might be available? Cleveland would cut him?

I'd be so pumped. Dude is a potential difference maker in the passing game. Was disappointed we passed on him in the draft.