Offseason Cap/Resignings

Matts4313

1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I'm a little confused why he might be available? Cleveland would cut him?

I'd be so pumped. Dude is a potential difference maker in the passing game. Was disappointed we passed on him in the draft.

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/cleveland-browns-david-njoku-just-as-unsure-about-his-future-as-everyone-else

It's all sounds very Cleveland-ish to me. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

Looking at this, there are a lot of guys that could see their pay cut by ~25-50% on their next deal. Mostly looking at the defensive players:

M Dareus, DT - $14m 

E Griffen, DE - $14.5m

C Harris, CB - $12m

AJ Green, WR - $15m

Jimmy Smith, CB - $11m

D. McCourty, FS - $9.5m

A Talib, CB - $9.5m

N Suh, DT - $9m

E Ansah, DE - $9m

M. Bennett, DL - $8.5m

G. McCoy, DT - $8m

R. Quinn, DE - $8m

We could seriously have an entirely new DL for a little more than we are playing Lawrence. If we could get Quinn/Suh/McCoy/McCourty for under ~$25m/yr, that would completely free us to do whatever in the draft. Especially if we wanted to draft a 1st round WR and tag (tag and trade) Cooper this year. 

• Like 1

I just wanted to note that, if we do finally splurge all this cap space we’ve been hoarding for a couple years, it may be an indictment of our 2017-19 draft picks and their collective chances to earn second contracts. You can make the case that Gallup is the only guy that “has to” get one

20 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I just wanted to note that, if we do finally splurge all this cap space we’ve been hoarding for a couple years, it may be an indictment of our 2017-19 draft picks and their collective chances to earn second contracts. You can make the case that Gallup is the only guy that “has to” get one

2017-2019 drafts wont need contracts for another 1-3 years.