BRUCE IS COMPLETELY GONE

TOUCAN

Dan statement:

As this season concludes, Bruce Allen has been relieved of his duties as President of the Washington Redskins and is no longer with the organization. Like our passionate fan base, I recognize we have not lived up to the high standards set by great Redskins teams, coaches and players who have come before us. As we reevaluate our team leadership, culture and process for winning football games, I am excited for the opportunities that lie ahead to renew our singular focus and purpose of bringing championship football back to Washington D.C.

Me while reading that:

[edited: come on dude, you know this isn't allowed]

16 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Was just coming here to post this!!

I think yesterday was a trial balloon and the fan reaction was "not enough" so he's gone completely!

I was hanging out with a buddy of mine and he said exactly that.  

I'm probably going to take off work early today and celebrate.  I am headed out the door to a meeting today, and will probably leave after lunch.  

• Like 1

Kept seeing twitter beings posting that things are going to change on Monday with Allen but they were not sure on what. I held onto my responses because I simply wanted to see the fan reaction to the potential. Surprisingly, there was not that much at the time I checked, and then this morning, I think because of the horrid loss and continuous injuries, Snyder had had enough. 

There is only soooooo much you can take. 

I have also read that Ron Riviera is coming in today for an interview for the coaching position and Snyder wants to get this done sooner than later to avoid the potential to lose a solid coach and end up with a guy like Jim Zorn. 

All college pertaining shows : Great crews. Classy, intelligent, sensible, charismatic.

NFL shows : Bunch of buffoons yackin and jibbering.

I want to leave it on a show so I can watch them talk about this repeatedly. But Im not a simpleton, wasnt even born American.

and new mission. #FireThai2020 (I bookmarked and saved that gif for a couple weeks to use :( )

• Like 1

Dan Snyder’s statement is ridiculous. I’m glad Brice is gone, should’ve happened years ago. I guess it’s better late than never. I’m looking forward to having Rivera, I’ve always liked him as a HC. I think Snyder will give Rivera whatever he wants to make the team win.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Dan Snyder’s statement is ridiculous. I’m glad Brice is gone, should’ve happened years ago. I guess it’s better late than never. I’m looking forward to having Rivera, I’ve always liked him as a HC. I think Snyder will give Rivera whatever he wants to make the team win.

I’m happy about the hire too. I’ve been saying for a while they just need someone that can finally bring some stability to the building, and of all the candidates we’ve been going back and forth on all season I believe they nailed it with Rivera. To me, next on the list is who gets (or keeps) the OC job. Mission 1 for everyone at Redskin park should be to help turn Dwayne Haskins into the franchise QB they drafted him to be. If it’s O’Connell, fine. If not, that’s fine too. 

25 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

I’m happy about the hire too. I’ve been saying for a while they just need someone that can finally bring some stability to the building, and of all the candidates we’ve been going back and forth on all season I believe they nailed it with Rivera. To me, next on the list is who gets (or keeps) the OC job. Mission 1 for everyone at Redskin park should be to help turn Dwayne Haskins into the franchise QB they drafted him to be. If it’s O’Connell, fine. If not, that’s fine too. 

Actually, you can already tell things are changing. Since Ron is a defensive minded head coach, it’s rumored he wants Steve Wilks his former defensive coordinator in Carolina, that seems to be his first move.

That also could be a good sign for O’Connell and the offensive coaches. I mean Rivera did just play us a month ago, he knows the Promise O’Connell, Haskins, Terry, Guice, Sims and Harmon showed in that game.

10 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Good lord- we're hiring a Coach that we actually beat this season . ! Think about that O.o

Because his franchise quarterback has been hurt for two straight years. Not everyone can be Mike Tomlin.

Edited by turtle28

40 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Good lord- we're hiring a Coach that we actually beat this season . ! Think about that O.o

If he and his team were perfect he wouldn’t be available. I think he was the best of a mediocre bunch of candidates, short of trading assets for Tomlin.