BRUCE IS COMPLETELY GONE

TOUCAN

Way Im trying to look at it now feeling The KO'C could be staying and hiring a top 10 producing Wilks as OC and DC. Go to my LSU squad and look at Coach O. A coach could not fail much harder than he did at Ole Miss. And hes basically much the same personality type as Rob. But Coach O learned to be a CEO as well as a coach. Rob wants full control like he hadnt been allowed before. Thats fine. But can he allow the OC and DC to have control of the products. He spent the last couple years putting up with a former HC/20years past his prime Norv Turner. Hes got a fantastic crew if he trust them to work their magic while he holds down the CEO/HC role. I just hope hes not an old "stuck in his ways" type and adjust with the times.

I think most of us expected as much. I also read somewhere that Rivera will have final say in football operations. We've heard the before, let's hope it actually happens. I do like Schafer bc he’s great at contracts and Kyle knows the draft but it's not the big front office change we wanted although I think it's what most expected.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think most of us expected as much. I also read somewhere that Rivera will have final say in football operations. We've heard the before, let's hope it actually happens. I do like Schafer bc he’s great at contracts and Kyle knows the draft but it's not the big front office change we wanted although I think it's what most expected.

How reliable is Robert Henson? Don’t know him. 

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Kyle earned a shot at a GM role with the way the past few drafts ran.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Very true. Like I said, I liked what Kyle has done but I think everyone wanted more change.

I dont know how much more people want. Fans were sick we let young, promising guys run off and be successful coaches elsewhere. Now we have 2-34yos boosted to the GM and OC positions. They didnt escape this time. And we have them in prime positions. Its a lot to be happy about even if weve seen those names a couple seasons now.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I dont know how much more people want. Fans were sick we let young, promising guys run off and be successful coaches elsewhere. Now we have 2-34yos boosted to the GM and OC positions. They didnt escape this time. And we have them in prime positions. Its a lot to be happy about even if weve seen those names a couple seasons now.

Like I said, more change. Like, someone other than Eric Schafer taking over Bruce’s role. Someone from outside the organization from a winning franchise coming in to totally give the front office a new direction.

As far as two thirty-four year olds, we have one. We have no clue that will happen with Kevin O’Connell. If Rivera is hired, he chose not to keep him. We also don't know if like with Sean McVay that KO will be plucked to be a HC in a year or two.

Edited by turtle28