Who have we interviewed/ requested interviews with

hornbybrown

I also dont see what the rush is on hiring a coach....NONE of the top 5 coaches who I like have been hired.

I mean did anyone want Ron Rivera? I think there were some in here who liked him as one of their top 3 candidates, but not sure anyone had him as their #1 choice. Ruhle wasnt coming here.....(one of my top 5).....and they hired McCarthy....that was my super safe choice (#6) like get him if we cant get anyone else. I dont think out pool has been depleted at all.....save McCarthy, and that would have been a very uninspiring hire IMO. 

HC: Dan Campbell

dan-campbell2.jpg?w=511

DC: Mike Singeltary

20120806__singletary1.jpg?w=400

OC: Kellen Moore

jess-haynie_dallas-cowboys_cowboys-offse

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Who appeals more from a talent perspective jones or baker?

Baker. And I'm a Daniel Jones supporter pre and post draft. He's good, but Baker is a superstar QB in time. I still believe he turns it around and becomes what we thought he would be before this season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

I was under the impression Rhule ruled everyone out but NY 🤷🏼‍♂️  I wish we could have at least gotten an interview, I would have liked him. 

I like Rhule too, but I think it would have been foolish to bring in another inexperienced head coach to run this team. We need someone with head coaching experience IMO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I like Rhule too, but I think it would have been foolish to bring in another inexperienced head coach to run this team. We need someone with head coaching experience IMO.

Head Coach at Baylor.  He has Head Coach experience just not in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Well yeah, but there's a huge difference between college and the NFL. I want a veteran coach that understands the game.

True however like Ryan Day he does have 1 season prior in the NFL as an OL coach.  This was the knock I had on Urban.  Good college coach does his methods translate to the NFL?

If Josh McDaniels is the clear best Head Coach candidate everyone makes him out to be why did the Panthers, Washington, Giants, and Cowboys hire a different coach.

Could it be quite possibly that the information they gathered suggested he had issues of leadership?

Passing on Stefanski makes sense due to his resume but passing on McDaniels "amazing resume" should tell people something.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Maybe we'll interview him next year.

We will have gone the hot name OC route...(Freddie)

...and then the retread HC AND hot named coordinator route (McDaniels)

...so why not try the college coach route? We haven't since Butch...it's time to do so again.

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

If Josh McDaniels is the clear best Head Coach candidate everyone makes him out to be why did the Panthers, Washington, Giants, and Cowboys hire a different coach.

Could it be quite possibly that the information they gathered suggested he had issues of leadership?

Passing on Stefanski makes sense due to his resume but passing on McDaniels "amazing resume" should tell people something.

Could be a couple of things.

First can he coexist with Gettleman in NY?  Same with the Panthers I don't think they fired their GM.  Washington had Rivera locked up before the playoffs.

So it could be that, or it could be that some owners don't want him around with what he did to the colts.  It could also be a similar situation to Bill B.  He failed in Cleveland.  Resigned with the Jets and went to the Patriots.  Could it also be that McDaniels agent (who is friends with Haslam) was saying to Owners you can interview josh but it is either he goes to Cleveland or stays in NE

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Well, the idea is that Josh will want more alignment with the front office, meaning he'd want his GM in place or someone he is close to and trusts. This is likely his last crack at a HC position and I'm sure he wants to put himself in the best position possible to succeed.

That rules out the Panthers (Hurney), Giants (Gettleman), and Cowboys (Jones) who already have GMs in place.

Only team that had a vacant GM opening was the Redskins who swiftly hired Rivera as their HC. I don't think those teams passing on McDaniels is any indication at all of the person McDaniels is, rather, they just weren't good fits at this point in time.

• Like 1